Senior Product Design Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters:
In this job, you’ll be accountable for leading and supporting experiences on a grand scale that meet user needs but also business goals. You’ll be responsible for defining and delivering vision and leadership across the Product Design team, setting direction, understanding strategic and business objectives across products. The exact digital products in the scope of any of our roles will evolve over time. We will assign you to an alliance based upon a combination of your background, your development needs and interest and the business need. Example alliances we operate today are; BT Sales, EE Sales, Global Features, My Account, Help & Community.
What you'll be doing:
- You will beresponsible for being the confident, objective voice of our users. Relentlessly chasingneeds based innovation and producingworld classquality experiences.
- Product Design-You will beresponsible for defining and deliveringvision and leadership acrossthe Product Design team.
- Experience definition and direction - accountable for the consistency across theProduct Design team, the direction set as well as the output of that team.
- Design execution & delivery - You will be responsible for Product design leadership and execution – ensuring the team are understanding and translating user needs and business goals into compelling usable and consistent journeys, digital products and services for our customers.
- Continuous improvement- You will advance how product design engages with user research and data analysis to ensure our approach is evidence based, user centred and drives our experience design decisions.
- Creative problem solving, engaging both the business and our customers.
- Human driven approach - Lead or oversee experience UX & designefforts on major strategic initiatives across their area of accountability.
- Sets direction and understands strategic and business objectives across channels.
We'll also need to see these on your CV.
A spectrum of technical expertise across the following skills (with a specialism in some areas):
- Interaction Design & Prototyping.
- Information Architecture - ensuring contentis findable and usable.
- User Journey Mapping - designing endto end journeyswithneeds and data at their heart.
- UserResearch & Testing - discoveringissues andneeds regular qualitativelearning.
- DataAnalysis, MVT &A/B Testing.
- Micro Copy & Micro Interaction Design.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with an intrinsic ability to turn complexity into simplicity.
- Leanapproach to action; continually findingwaysto deliver more value to the customer and thebusiness with less effort.
- Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working, looking to make a best in class design team and operating model.
- Entrepreneurial and flexible approach to activities; adapting behaviours andproactively removing barriers to delivering results.
Why choose us?
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 16 April 2020
- £Competitive plus benefits
Junior Product Designer
Closing 26 May 2020
Want more Senior Product Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.