We’re Gorilla Gorilla! A rare breed of intelligent film and animation company. We combine brave thinking, natural curiosity and a social outlook to create film and animation that helps brands and businesses make powerful connections with their audiences. We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Producer to join our growing team.
The Senior Producer will closely work with our Executive Producer and our Founders to manage and develop client accounts. Day-to-day they will ensure delivery of high-quality film and animation projects to agreed financial parameters.
The role will require someone to work across three main areas:
1. Client / business development:
- Work with our Founders and Executive Producer to make credentials presentations and take/explore briefs in a constructive/positive way.
- Develop / prepare the practical aspects of proposals, RFPS, tenders and pitches and support in delivery.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with key clients, through engagement with the content of projects and interest in their business / sector.
- Network within clients’ businesses and develop trusted relationships to open-up opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to push the creative development of projects and the potential for wider client development.
2. Account management / project delivery:
- Manage all aspects of production across a number of projects at once and have a willingness to be ‘hands on’ with creative when required.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, working with other members of the team, specialist partners and freelance staff.
- Create / manage budgets to deliver agreed margins and develop projects to increase sales volume and revenue.
- Understand the competitive environment and stay abreast of current thinking and trends in communication practice and media production.
3. Operational / commercial:
- Report on activity / provide management information to the Founders / Exec Producer as requested.
- Find / manage suitable creative and freelance staff, helping to ensure availability of appropriate resource.
- Support the senior team in managing other employees / freelance staff, providing encouragement and support to build a strong team ethos.
Why it’s important to us:
As part of a growing business, helping to secure, maintain and grow clients / projects whilst ensuring our reputation for developing and delivering fantastic, award-winning work is key to our success.
How you’ll make us look:
How you’ll make us feel:
- You’ve brought gravitas, energy and enthusiasm.
- Our business is more than likely to grow with you on the team.
- You’re in it for the long haul.
- Lively and engaging with a responsible and positive outlook.
- A clear focus on producing high quality projects.
- A forward planner who can critically assess his or her own results and performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with commissioners / members of the client team and senior members of their business.
- Completely comfortable with taking responsibility and making judgement calls.
- A skilled and empathic communicator, able to tactfully challenge clients and explain the implications and risks of different routes and decisions.
- Someone with excellent listening and questioning skills, able to see things from the client’s point of view and navigate their way through to successful conclusions.
- Well-presented, business-like, open, friendly and sociable.
- A team player, able to work within a range of team situations and to get the best out of the skills, knowledge and experience of a broad range of team members.
Skills / background:
- The role is a senior appointment and involves a close working relationship with the senior team behind the business. Entrepreneurial skills and flair are desirable.
- Has probably worked in the role of Producer and / or Senior Producer within the commercial, agency or non-broadcast sector, having already progressed their career through a couple of different production companies or agencies.
- Demonstrable track record of success in effective and creative moving image production, preferably in the non-broadcast sector.
- At least 5+ years of experience at Producer level managing budgets at a range of levels.
- Someone passionate about film in all forms and with a keen interest in contemporary thinking about the role of the moving image in the digital communication environment.
- Someone who can commit to the role and the development of the company.
- The ability to manage, control, encourage and motivate diverse teams of creative and technical people.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of programme production, post production and distribution - from live action to animation.
- Able to work with and manage the inputs of other employees and external resources.
- Able to develop and manage budgets to deliver agreed levels of margin and profitability, with the ability to see and develop opportunities for increasing revenue and profit.
- Must be adept in use of Word, Excel and Outlook. Use of Keynote or similar a bonus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via the written word in proposals and emails.
- An excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator and a confident, engaging presenter. Comfortable in a broad range of social environments from the Board Room through to the shop floor and the general public.
And finally, in 3 words, you will be:
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 13 December 2021
Closing 13 December 2021
Closing 15 December 2021
- Design Bridge
Want more Senior Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Line Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Series Producer jobs, Studio Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.