Senior Print Designer
Working at Stella McCartney is a truly rewarding experience. As a luxury fashion company with a strong ethical standpoint we are leaders and innovators in our industry.
Reporting to the Head of Fabric and Embellishment, the Senior Print Designer is responsible for collaborating with the Design team across all seasons of Pre and Show, and Special Projects, in the creation of the Stella McCartney WRTW collection from concept to completion. This role will be working on all Print & Graphics concepts to ensure that the collections are successful and fashion forward.
- Researching, directing & designing the WRTW print & graphics concept across all seasons and special projects.
- Collaborate closely with the Design Director for support to ensure the best understanding and development of seasonal creative concepts.
- Develop key overarching creative direction to implement at the beginning of each season, with a strong ability to identify key prints trends and season prints.
- Offering constant print newness by bringing your own original ideas to convey freshness and relevance to the product.
- Work collaboratively with all key departments, including the Merchandising, Product Development, Fabric, Embroidery and Atelier to develop the collection in the vision of the Design Director and achieve consistency in product.
- Drive fittings and display confidence in following through styles from sketch to production ensuring all prints are defined and put into development by the team.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Product Development and Fabric team to ensure they source the materials and techniques needed on time, as well as providing them with clear, complete and updated design information for them to pass onto our factories to ensure successful prototypes.
- Organise and focused, you will follow the critical path to meet deadlines, ensuring product is developed within the relevant timeframe.
- Travelling for inspirational and comparative trends in prints & graphics directions.
- Previous experience ideally in the luxury design industry
- Ability to delegate and manage a small team
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several projects simultaneously
- Goal oriented, result driven individual
- Commercially minded, quickly responding to business/market needs.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple teams and under pressure
- High work ethic, integrity and reliability with a “Hands on” attitude
- Great time management skills
- Comfortable working additional hours to perform duties, including weekends and also travel when necessary
- Impeccable presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and an eye for detail
Our philosophy is to go beyond monetary return and consider ourselves responsible for your wellbeing, your family, your health, your time and the community.
- Up to 50% discount on Stella McCartney products
- Exclusive staff sales and sample sales - Including other LVMH brands
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Extensive private medical and critical illness insurance, as well as life assurance
- Annual Health Screening
- Annual Leave Shop where employees can buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working/core hours
- Enhanced Maternity/paternity packages
- Matched Give as You Earn charity scheme
- Fitness membership (Classpass credits)
- Volunteer and Birthday leave
- Health cash plan
- Financial wellbeing program
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support Services
- Employee referral bonus
Optional/ Paid Benefits:
Season ticket loan, cycle to work and tech schemes, travel and dental insurance and much more.
We welcome people with disabilities and endeavour to make reasonable adjustments, if you do require such adjustments please let us know within 48 hours of your interview.
At Stella McCartney, we like to be bold. For us this means challenging ourselves and the wider industry in which we operate. As part of our commitments to inclusive fashion, we have an ambitious strategy to put diversity, equity and inclusion at the centre of everything we do. Our starting point is to create a workplace where different voices are respected, heard and empowered in equal measure regardless of factors such as culture and backgrounds, and to influence and disrupt fashion and other industries by providing opportunities for global diverse talent to shine.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Lead Visual Designer
Closing 6 December 2023
- London, Leeds
Closing 25 December 2023
- Hangar 13
Packaging and Print Specialist
Closing 18 December 2023
£Competitive salary plus benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.