Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands. We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Senior Photographer will join a growing business and marketing team. As Senior Photographer, you will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team producing original and unique imagery consistently. This will involve all elements of photography including still life, campaign, on-pitch & wider Sports Direct activity. You will make an impact by shooting athletes, influencers, models set against some of the world’s top sporting brands (both in the studio and on location).
Working in partnership with the Sports Direct creative & marketing team, the Senior Photographer will be responsible for generating visual concepts in response to briefs. This covers all media platforms, including:
– Digital communications, websites, mobile apps, and emails
– Marketing materials
– Press advertising
– Television and video
– Logos and branding
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are sport obsessed and looking to join a newly formed Sports Direct marketing department working within a fast-paced culture across a variety of sports and outputs. You must be used to developing and taking ideas from inception through to completion whilst owning the process end to end.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE:
- You will be answering briefs set by wider team(s) ensuring a high standard of photography set within the Sports Direct brand strategy and values.
- Developing photography treatments for key campaign and content shoots with top-tier athletes, who in the past two years have included Lionel Messi, Bruno Fernandez, Jack Grealish, Mason Mount, Conor Benn, Emma Radacanu, Bernardo Silva, Carl Frampton, Ellen White to name a few!!
- You will work closely with the Creative Lead to research, develop, and uphold the photography team's creative standards and output.
- You will have technical know-how within photography, directing, and post-production
- You can confidently lead, direct and shoot photography for still life, flat-lay, and model imagery
- Keep accurate daily shoot records and manage asset files
- Maintain strong lines of communication with the Creative Lead, the photography team, Styling/Casting teams, and production teams relating to workflow, creativity, and output.
- Flag any challenges relating to creative and studio management and troubleshoot problems.
- Follow seasonal updates and creative direction.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL:
- You will need valid working rights for the UK
- Have experience in managing a photography team in a commercial studio setting
- You will need a strong eye for Sporting form within your shoots
- Advanced technical knowledge & advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Practical experience of studio lighting
- Experience and at ease directing top tier talent & athletes
- Proven experience and knowledge in retouching to a high standard
- Strong communication and organization skills
- You need to be proactive and able to work across multiple projects
- Previous experience with set design/designers and styling with allocated lead times.
- Strong photography portfolio with both Sport/retail and still life.
A STRONG CULTURAL FIT:
- We’re an energetic team looking for a new squad member who can keep up!
- Fundamental that you have a solution-orientated mindset.
- Football & Sport is a daily part of our lives, and the successful candidate should have a passion for keeping active and up to date with what’s happening in the sporting landscape.
- Wallflower’s need not apply!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Creative Lead Photographer
Closing 8 July 2022
- Harvey Nichols
£Competitive Basic Salary & Excellent Benefits
Closing 15 August 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.