Senior PR and Media Relations Manager
About The Role:
We’re on a mission to accelerate change, driven by a belief that organisations, experiences and services can and should be better. To help us on that mission, we’re looking for a Senior PR and Media Relations Manager who’s ready to lead in a highly autonomous and collaborative environment and share stories of our purpose, our work and our impact.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, PR & Partnerships, you will be the lead for our PR activities with the full support of the brand team and wider marketing team. Your main responsibility will be to drive positive reputation and brand awareness through a steady drumbeat of digital and traditional media coverage.
- Work with the Head of Brand, PR & Partnerships and external PR agency to develop a public relations strategy that supports business-wide goals.
- Initiate innovative PR efforts and campaigns to help promote the brand, that are closely integrated with overall marketing efforts, growing both the quality and quantity of media coverage.
- Manage the relationship with our external PR agency; project managing, coordinating and delegating tasks where support is needed.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our internal stakeholders and spokespeople, as well as with external partners and agencies, working collaboratively with colleagues from all area of the business.
- Write and edit statements, press releases, contributed stories, presentations and other PR materials.
- Deliver competent measurement reports on the business impact of PR initiatives.
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience leading, guiding and running PR activities translated from brand strategies.
- Hands-on experience working with journalists; providing background briefings on complex and sensitive topics - this could be previously as part of an in-house team or agency environment, and could include previous experience as a journalist.
- Experience developing compelling stories for media with excellent communications skills, copywriting, editing and proofing skills.
- Experience managing external agencies.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- A team player that can balance autonomy and collaborative working in a remote environment.
- Passionate about PR and embracing opportunities, creating strong thought leadership content.
- A desire to make positive change happen.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Varied experience working across different sectors; that might include government, health, visitor attractions, tech, not-for-profit, commercial business, or others.
- Experience working in the digital transformation space with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities.
- A test-and-learn mindset, experienced with design thinking and agile principles.
- A creative mind.
Why work at TPXimpact:
- The opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work.
- Flexible working to help you function at your best.
- We’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training.
- Everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture.
- A focus on wellbeing with access to a range of wellness activities and an annual Fitness challenges.
- An inclusive workplace with active advocacy networks for women, LGBTQI employees and people from ethnic minorities.
Some of the benefits include:
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- 2 charity volunteer days for causes that you are passionate about.
- Working from home allowance.
- Maternity/Paternity - 6 months Maternity Leave, 3 months Paternity Leave.
- Life Assurance.
- Employer Pension Contribution of 5%.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Personal Learning & Development budget.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to equity in the business through a Share Incentive Plan.
- Green incentive programmes including Electric Vehicle Leasing and the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Dental insurance.
- Financial advice.
- Health assessments.
TPXimpact transforms the organisations, services and systems that underpin society. Our multidisciplinary teams use technology, design and data to deliver better results, improving outcomes for individuals, organisations and communities.
TPXimpact started with the idea that business could be done differently. That organisations should make a positive difference to people's lives and be a force for good in the world. We’re united by the belief that it’s possible to deliver more: that by harnessing digital technologies, modern ways of working and a fresh mindset we can create better outcomes for people and the planet.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Marketing Manager
Closing 29 March 2023
- Sony Music Entertainment
Head of Digital Marketing (Customer)
Closing 27 March 2023
- Sky UK
Digital Global Marketing Lead
Closing 29 March 2023
- Adecco Global IM
£40,000 to 50,000 per annum
Want more Senior PR and Media Relations Manager jobs?
Want to find more Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, PR Account Executive jobs, PR Account Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.