Senior Motion Designer
How would you like to be part of an exceptional team of forward-thinking designers in a thriving global advertising agency? We’re looking for a Senior Motion Designer who wants to create captivating and insightful work, finished to the highest standards. Someone who excels in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about motion graphics. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with an incredible team of creative thinkers, illustrators, motion and visual designers who just happen to be awesome people too. This is a rare opportunity and requires a rare talent so, if you think you’re up to it, we’d love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Motion Designer will be to:
- Work within our visual and motion design team, using your solid experience in motion design and 3D.
- Help to solve creative problems with your extraordinary motion skillset, working collaboratively with creative thinkers and visual designers to produce some of the industry’s best work.
- Use your experience and confidence to work across multiple briefs and add your own unique personality to the work.
- Act as a shining example to lead the more junior members of the team around you, inspiring them to hone their skills and become experts in their craft.
What we're looking for?
- Expert in After Effects across a range of styles including illustrative, character, typographic, and shape animation.
- Expert in cinema4D with skills covering animation, Mograph, modelling, and lighting.
- Experience using a third-party renderer is preferred - redshift, Arnold, octane, etc.
- A good understanding of Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop.
- Someone with a practice grounded by a firm understanding of animation principles.
- Up to date on the latest motion and design trends with an arsenal of references.
- Additional passion for design, illustration, or other creative outputs.
- Someone with a keen interest in new approaches, platforms, and technologies.
- Passionate to learn and grow skills beyond their day-to-day role.
- An understanding of and experience in designing for different mediums (e.g. web, television, and social media) and the restraints or restrictions involved.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and collaborative approach to creative ideas.
- Confidence in explaining and presenting their passions, work, and ideas to wider teams and clients.
- A leader with experience overseeing a team, approving work, and maintaining craft expectations.
- Collaborative team member, asking for help and offering help to others.
- No ego, happy to muck in, helping the team where necessary.
- Organised designer, planning and managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Solid experience working in a top tier brand/design agency.
Who are we?
We’re Iris. We’re For the Forward. A creative, strategy and innovation company that uses the power of participation to excite progress for businesses. Whether you’re a designer, copywriter, art director or studio manager, we’re inviting you to participate in progress – moving yourself and the world forward with every piece of work you create.
London is our HQ. In our riverside office you’ll find 380 talented people working with ambitious client partners. We’re the lead strategic & creative agency for Suzuki, Starbucks, adidas Football and Abrdn. And we’re a specialist partner for Barclays and Samsung, to name a couple.
The Iris Character:
We have five core behaviours that we look for to help us to build a culture that fosters true progress: Courage, Storytelling, Collaboration, Empathy and Commitment.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working.
- Vitality private health care.
- BUPA dental care.
- Pension scheme.
- Personal access to our independent Financial Advisor.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages.
- Additional family leave support (IVF, child's first birthday off).
- Group income protection.
- Sabbatical after five years.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Weekly yoga sessions.
- 25 core days’ holiday.
- Three extra days can be used for religious holidays.
- Plus your birthday day off.
- Plus an extra day after two and five years of service.
- Climate Exchange Day.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
‘FOR THE FREE’ is our global DE&I strategy. Its aim is to create a business where everyone feels free to be themselves and has the same opportunity and access to progress. Our DE&I strategy encourages courageous thinkers who champion outsider perspectives. ‘FOR THE FREE’ has three main pillars of activity:
Diversity - We want to invite difference. To be an organisation that is fully representative of different groups and reflects the city, country and world that we live in. We value our talents’ lived experiences – including gender, race, class, disability, neuro-diversity and sexual orientation.
Equity - We want to be fair to everyone. To remove barriers for individuals and groups and provide the bespoke access, support and opportunities that are needed to fully participate in our organisation. We are levelling the playing field.
Inclusion - We want everyone to feel at home. To provide a place where people can be themselves, express their unique identity and contribute to the life of our community.
If you decide to apply for a role at Iris we will only keep the data provided by you for 2 years from the date we receive it, following which your data will then be destroyed. We have a legitimate interest to process the data you provide us and we will protect your rights in accordance with all applicable data legislation. If at any point you decide you would like us to delete the data we hold or have any more questions please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 20 November 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Closing 20 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Closing 21 November 2021
- Industrial Light & Magic
Want more Senior Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.