Senior Mobile UX Designer
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a member of the User Experience Design team at PayPal, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. You will collaborate with product and technology teams to build the next generation of financial service products by bringing the customer to the forefront in everything we do.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers and our business and how to solve for them through design.
- Partners with design, engineering, design systems and product management team members in the execution and delivery of PayPal’s products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to the planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high-quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her work to a more extensive schedule.
- Leverages and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions and materials.
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal UX tools, methodology and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering influence to achieve UX goals.
- May lead one or more individuals in experience and design initiatives. Informally mentors junior UX practitioners in best practices, process, and methodology.
- 8+ years experience.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across significant channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Thorough knowledge of essential channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, dedicated, web and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us.
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Music Entertainment
- New York
Product Design Director
Closing 26 May 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Senior Mobile UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.