Senior Marketing Activation Manager - Adidas
At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
This is a vital role in delivery our adidas Brand stories into relevant experiences for our consumers within the Own Retail doors in the North European Cluster. By leading the team on driving activation in our stores with a key focus on the Global Key City of London this role will drive both Brand and Experience NPS, Traffic, Conversion, Top and Bottom Line.
Strategy and Priorities
- Define yearly Marketing Activation team priorities based on both Brand and Retail targets along with current Retail performance and provide team with targets and projects.
Seasonal Retail Marketing Calendar Planning
- Own the development of local Sports Performance (SP), Originals, Stella McCartney and Outlet Marketing Calendars based on global Retail Marketing Calendars and aligned with Western Europe Brand Activation, eCom and local Brand Marketing.
Global Campaign Implementation
- Ensure the flawless execution of SP, Originals, Stella McCartney and Outlet Retail Marketing Campaigns, Promotions, In-Store Communication tools and Activations.
- Ensure Campaign/Activation targets are properly set, evaluated and met and that Marketing Working Budget (MWB) is optimized.
- Work with local Brand Stakeholders to build a calendar to make sure Own Retail doors are the focus of Brand activities, including working with Sports Marketing, EIM and Newsrooms to ensure both Retail and Brand KPI’s are achieved for all Activations, with a focus on London.
- Feedback learnings and concerns on the performance of global campaigns to Global Concepts to Consumer team.
Local Campaign Development and Implementation
- Work with Local Brand Marketing to other local Retail functions to deliver holistic Brand plans, with a focus on the Key Cities (with a priority on London)
- Be accountable for the necessity and results of local campaigns and activations, ensuring all necessary approvals are obtained.
- Be accountable for the success of new store openings by ensuring appropriate 360 degree activation plans are developed and implemented and relevant actions are taken when stores are not performing working with all Stakeholders
- Ensure campaign targets are properly set, evaluated and met and that MWB is optimized.
- Share Best Practice when relevant with local functions and Western Europe
- Manage, lead and develop the Marketing Activation Team ensuring that all team members have the knowledge and practical skills required to succeed by building a high performance culture working within the adidas Group performance framework
- Develop and implement strategies to translate the Brand vision and strategy into division/department targets and business plans for the team members.
- Develop individual development plans to support team skill and performance level whilst also identifying future talents for the business.
“Trading the Business”
- Be knowledgeable about the targets and performance of local stores, understand which Retail Marketing levers need to be activated to impact which KPIs and know how to activate them as needed.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with the market Retail team to pro-actively assess any performance issues (such as persistently declining traffic or a particularly slow month) and develop the tactical Retail Marketing and/or Retail CRM solutions that might be needed to address these.
- Co-own Retail KPIs, in particular Traffic, Conversion, ATV, UPT, Net Sales and Profit Margin with the market Retail team.
- Identify optimal local Retail Marketing agencies and/or vendors both in terms of output and cost. Steer contractual terms and conditions in line with Western Europe. Manage agency and vendor relationship.
- Own and manage market Marketing Activation budget, ensuring projects come in within budget and MWB is optimized.
- WE Retail Marketing BO function
- Cluster Retail Back Office and Field teams (Retail Director, District Managers, Merchandising, VM, Operations, Finance, etc.)
- Cluster Brand Marketing
- Cluster Newsroom
- Market Retail Marketing agency and vendors
- Global CtC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Fluency in English
- Solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of Retail KPIs
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand and analyze data and produce actionable insights
- Solid interpersonal, networking and negotiating skills
- Geographically mobile
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business, ideally with a marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience.
- 8-10 years Retail or Marketing experience (minimum 3 – 4 years Retail experience is essential).
- 3 - 5 years management experience.
Closing 4 July 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
Senior Account Manager
Closing 4 July 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Senior Marketing Activation Manager - Adidas jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.