Senior Manager, UX Design
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request Form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you looking to be part of a world-class enterprise design team dedicated to crafting incredible user experiences? Would you like to drive impactful work that helps millions of people see and enjoy more of the world? Are you passionate about solving hard problems and creating order out of uncertainty?
At Expedia Group, our mission is to power global travel for everyone, everywhere. Within the Expedia Group, the Experience Design organization (XD) is our global, cross-disciplinary team uniting user experience design, content design, and research to enable innovative, relevant, and cohesive experiences that serve the needs of all our travelers, partners, and agents.
We’re looking for a motivated Senior Manager, User Experience & Design to help us envision and deliver delightful customer experiences. We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
Problem Definition and Product Strategy:
- An influencing voice in strategic roadmap discussions at program level.
- Mentor teams on synthesizing insights in complex problem spaces.
- Drive the creation of compelling customer experience vision, strategy and success metrics at program level, and connect related initiatives.
- Facilitate ongoing collaboration with stakeholders with varied perspectives to align goals and ideas.
- Role model and mentor for exemplary visual and interaction design practice and hold yourself and others accountable to deliver high quality experiences.
- Take a whole systems approach to analyzing and solving customer problems.
- Champion appropriate usage and growth of design systems.
- Help your team apply and adapt design and research processes to manage large/complex problem areas.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights of customer research and data and business analytics to drive design solutions.
- Encourage team members to remain customer centric.
- Create communication materials using storytelling and persuasion techniques that build trust with partners and establish long-term relationships.
- Coach your team to use feedback effectively.
- Guide others on best practices and approaches for clear, concise and organized communication.
- Recognize staff potential and guide employees in developing skills by recommending appropriate training and sources of information.
- Create an environment for team effectiveness, where strengths are known and built upon and learning is shared to build capacity.
- Share domain and industry knowledge between cross-functional teams.
- Seek mentorship opportunities for direct reports.
Build Effective Teams:
- Lead the shaping of an inclusive, innovative, candid and trusting culture in your team.
- Obtain resources needed to reach individual and team goals.
- Prioritize team morale and productivity, celebrating team accomplishments.
- Promote collaboration among team members.
- Encourage others to cooperate and coordinate efforts.
- Attract and select diverse and high caliber talent.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience; Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience or related Design field or relevant experience is applicable.
- Experience in formally line managing teams.
- Understands user experience design, research, and content strategy processes and practices to a level that enables strong collaboration with peers.
About Expedia Group:
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers.
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 January 2023
- perm, remote
£38,000 to 40,000 per annum
Product Design Lead
Closing 1 February 2023
- Sky UK
- Osterley, Leeds
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Want more Senior Manager, UX Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.