Senior Manager, Event Content Producer
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Wood Mackenzie has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Event Content Producer to join a fast paced, dynamic global business to develop topical, appealing and commercially successful events. This is an opportunity for someone looking to help reshape the post-pandemic events strategy for a global professional services organisation in the energy and natural resources space.
The role holder will work closely with senior stakeholders and needs to be comfortable working with teams across all departments and regions within Wood Mackenzie.
This role is responsible for running a team that delivers a portfolio of events across the year that includes paid conferences, customer forums, showcase though leadership summits and training programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for being the leader of one of four Centres of Excellence within Events (Content, Marketing, Operations, Sales), and for creating and maintaining budgets and managing internal and external client relationships that will ensure the success of our events. This role is very much a player/coach role, so hands on content production is required in addition to team management.
Other core responsibilities include managing external and internal speaker relationships and logistics, identifying target audiences, building out value propositions, and working closely with the sales team on speaker acquisition and sponsorship strategy. This role will also be expected to work closely with the wider Marketing team so that events are aligned with broader strategic plans and product launches.
This role will be a member of the Marketing First Level Manager’s team.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role:
Build a team of Event Content Producers that can deliver a successful portfolio of events across the globe and across every sector within the energy and natural resources industry.
Understand the most critical issues faced by a specific energy vertical at a given point in time and translate that into an engaging successful commercial conference or customer forums.
Develop a team that can:
- Conduct in-depth desk research, phone, and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics.
- Work closely with internal & external stakeholders to develop differentiated conferences and event agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors.
- Identify and recruit high-level industry speakers to deliver the panels, fireside chats, case studies or presentations.
- Manage speaker relations for each event: Initial outreach and confirmation, on-going logistical communication, briefing the speakers before event, PPT collection and review, onsite speaker management.
- Produce detailed briefs to enable the Event Marketing, Event Sponsorship and Events Operations teams to be able to deliver their parts for each event.
- Provide the Event Marketing team with details on target audiences, value propositions, USPs and core themes to help them build compelling communications.
- Work closely with the sponsorship team on how potential sponsorship partners fit into our programs.
Identify and develop key industry partnerships to increase the reach within key segments and showcase WoodMac’s brand.
Build strong relationships with the Brand team to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages.
Attend events to gain customer insights and drive continuous improvement.
Perform regular competitive analysis and analyse points of differentiation across events.
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role:
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced Event Producer, with at least 10 years of experience, preferably within the energy & natural resources markets. You should be able to build strong senior relationships and be comfortable with being responsible for delivering revenue-generating events. Strong domain knowledge and a proven track record of delivering results are important.
You will have:
- Experience producing both commercial events and customer forums ( not hospitality/corporate entertainment ).
- Experience in producing live, hybrid & virtual events.
- Experience managing global teams with diverse skill sets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports & peers.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team and driving a high-performance culture.
- Demonstrated experience of fostering a winning culture and delivering and exceeding expectations.
- Excellent written English and proof-reading skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to influence and engage at every level.
- Ability to translate business objectives into impactful and commercially successful events.
- Exceptional ability to establish relationships and maintain a positive rapport with customers, speakers, vendors and suppliers.
- Calm and flexible approach to handling the pressure and stress of ever-changing demands.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to develop and work with a project plan, keep teams updated and drive project progress.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively & drive innovation.
- Demonstrated good judgment in resource utilisation and optimization and delegating when appropriate.
- Passion for growing the business and a genuine interest in developing yourself.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Clear thinking, strong partnering ability with others, highly effective working practices.
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie:
For the past 49 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward-looking insight for the world’s most innovative organizations.
Our teams are located around the world and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal customers.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, Sustainability and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
We are part of a company that has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Producer - Narrative
Closing 2 April 2023
- Sony Music Entertainment
Closing 2 April 2023
- Industrial Light & Magic
Ecommerce Content Producer
Closing 27 February 2023
£Competitive Salary & Benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.