Senior Manager, Brand Content at Deliveroo
Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead digital brand content. This newly formed role will work closely with insights, PR, channel leads, local marketing teams, and the creative studio to translate Deliveroo’s brand strategy into content delivered through paid and owned digital channels – i.e. performance marketing, email, & social – to drive awareness, consideration, and traffic. This role reports to the Global Marketing Director.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial brand builder. S/He will have a passion for all things content and a natural ability to tell stories across digital channels. S/He will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically. S/He will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Develop and deliver digital content plans that achieve commercial objectives, driving step-change improvements in awareness, consideration, and traffic.
- Drive the editorial and production calendar to align with campaign strategies, local market needs, and deliver a consistent drumbeat of compelling content.
- Develop a framework to use data to report on the effectiveness of content initiatives and iterate based on learnings.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners who support in the development and distribution of content.
- Build the ‘content muscle’ in the marketing org, guiding local marketing teams to produce best-in-class content for digital channels. Lead by example bringing best practices and prior experience into Deliveroo
- Work closely with brand strategy & insights to identify gaps and projects to improve content quality.
- University degree, preferably in English, Communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in setting and driving brand and content strategies across digital channels, working cross-functionally to deliver results. You know how and why content developed for snapchat should differ from content developed for facebook or email or youtube. You’re adept at strategizing content distribution to maximise impact within time and budget constraints. You know like the back of your hand what metrics you should look at to optimise content performance where, when, and why.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work that will have the highest business impact, using data to drive decision-making.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence others.
- Experience running and getting the best out of freelancers, agencies and in-house teams.
- Strong problem solver who thrives in a high growth, changing environment.
- 10 years of experience in digital role at a top-performing consumer brand.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages.
- Experience with HTML, XML, DITA, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other content management systems (CMS).
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.
Closing 8 February 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £20,000 to 21,000 p/a
Head of Content for Comic Relief
Closing 17 January 2019
- Comic Relief
- temp to perm
- £70,000 to 78,000 p/a
Want more Senior Manager, Brand Content at Deliveroo jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Content Director jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.