Senior Level Designer - New IP
Position at Creative Assembly.
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Senior Level Designer to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP contributing to the creation of genre-defining games and working with some of the industry’s top developers.
As a Senior Level Designer on the project, you will play a major part in helping us create an exciting and original new IP. You will craft amazing levels and play-spaces, that offer varied and engaging objectives and opportunities for players to truly express their skills, mastery and personal playstyles. You will have strong contribution to the level design team; working with the lead level designer, mentoring junior levels designers, as well as working autonomously.
You will be working closely with our concept and environment art team to create stunning locations and scenarios that you will then take through to final, fully marked-up levels in our exciting new vision of FPS gaming. You will be key in defining the look, feel and gameplay of this innovative title.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of a wide range of level design types, concepts and best practices.
- Professional experience in at least one of these genres - stealth, FPS or immersive sims.
- Experience in multiplayer level creation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Experience with current commercial 3D game engines.
- Good team worker.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- UE4 Experience.
- Interest in sci-fi.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to self-critique.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus.
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise.
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening.
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site.
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library.
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy.
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers.
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes.
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
We are Creative Assembly:
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Closing 29 November 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Character Artist - New IP
Closing 30 November 2019
Want more Senior Level Designer - New IP jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Games Designer jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.