Senior Interaction Designer, Site Reliability Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent practical experience.
- A portfolio showcasing work for enterprise/business software, services, developer tools, IT, or other software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multi-phase projects.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
About the job:
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and across teams to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired products that people love to use.
You’ll be working with engineers to create software that controls Google. You will help define the future of Google’s production services that power the products used by users around the world. You will dive deep into complex domains to design powerful yet simple and elegant experiences. You’ll be delivering design projects with the support of dedicated UXR resources.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Partner with product managers and engineers to help define product requirements and strategy.
- Run design sprints and workshops to help the team define visions and features.
- Drive and execute design work, from concepts to detailed designs for build (UX and UI).
- Leverage Google’s design system where possible and design new components and patterns where necessary.
- Work with our user researchers to design plan and execute user user interviews, surveys, and usability tests.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 13 March 2022
Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f/d)
Closing 12 March 2022
- London / Remote
- perm, from remote
Digital Content Designer
Closing 14 March 2022
Want more Senior Interaction Designer, Site Reliability Engineering jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.