Senior Instructional Designer
We currently have an opening for a Senior Instructional Designer. In this role, reporting into Design + Development Lead, you will design and develop learning materials to support the full suite of Twitter’s L+D programs. This will require you to be an exceptional designer, capable of eliciting information from key stakeholders or researching a new topic, and translating it into cogent and compelling learning content. You will apply the voice of Twitter to all that you do and you’ll have a strong visual aesthetic with experience in designing high-end multimedia and video as well as classroom materials and facilitator guides. You’ll partner closely with L+D Program Managers and Learning Experience designers in developing world-class L+D initiatives for Twitter employees.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute instructional design expertise to the overall program design, collaborating effectively with the Learning Experience Manager and Program Manager.
- Manage stakeholders and subject matter experts in the content development process, ensuring alignment, engagement and expectation management.
- Develop content through independent research or by interviewing internal subject matter experts or a combination of both.
- Design and develop live virtual learning and classroom materials including slide decks, activity sheets, facilitator guides.
- Design and develop online learning modules using authoring tools such as Articulate Rise and Camtasia.
- Direct video shoots and manage vendors in the development of high-end multimedia content; providing detailed scene-by-scene storyboards and visual direction.
- Design content across the full range of L&D programs including new hire onboarding, career development, talent programs, management and leadership development and key organizational capabilities and tools.
- Facilitation of classroom and live virtual learning from time to time.
- Proactive individual with strong execution and service orientation.
- Effective partner for stakeholders and sponsors across the company and at all levels.
- Strong project management discipline for setting expectations, execution and resolving issues.
- Ability to extract knowledge from Subject Matters Experts and design for ease of learning.
- Innovative design approach that is not constrained by what is today or tools available.
What you have done:
- 6+ years learning design experience.
- Proven skills in instructional design for classroom and online delivery.
- Experience in engaging stakeholders in learning projects.
- Project management experience; familiar with content design lifecycle.
Collaborative, team player with a strong focus on delivering to have an impact.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.