Senior Image Editor: Bloomingdale’s
At Bloomingdale’s, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. Join a talented and dedicated team of retouchers to produce high-end images for both print and digital platforms. The Senior Image Editor will bring solid experience working in a creative, fast-paced environment and have an understanding of the fashion industry. You will be expected to handle large volumes while maintaining high quality standards when working on catalogs, newspaper/magazine ads, outdoor media, and web content. A collaborative attitude, creative and positive energy are essential. Our ideal candidate is proactive, curious, and willing to roll up their sleeves to pitch in and get the job done. Perform other duties as assigned
• Partner with Manager of Image Editing to support workflow efficiencies and sustain image quality standards within the Bloomingdale’s brand.
• Collaborate with creative teams to discuss art directions for seasonal campaigns and editorial stories/sections.
• Ability to follow and accurately apply directives, color curve treatments and work with photographic styles to achieve creative intent.
• Understand the balance between art and commerce when retouching for various business channels, which include RTW, Men’s, Home, Fine Jewelry, Shoes/Handbags and Cosmetics.
• Attend creative meetings and apply knowledge of photography/print production to identify and address potential challenges that may arise during retouching.
• Occasionally attend photo shoots to support image capture process, help mitigate retouching issues during post-production and prep selects for final approval.
• Participate in Quality Control reviews to ensure that creative instructions have been addressed correctly.
• Support Manager of Image Editing with coaching/training during skill development initiatives.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• 4 year college degree required.
• 5+ years of experience in professional studio retouching.
• Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships at all levels.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Expert level skin/texture retouching, color matching, masking & compositing techniques
• Up to date technical knowledge for digital retouching and video editing.
• Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Camera RAW, Capture One
• Solid knowledge of print production, CMYK and digital color spaces
• Strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency.
• Approach work with entrepreneurial spirit, proactiveness, and curiosity.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining the brand standard
• Strong team player with willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where needed.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.