Senior Graphic Designer
These are exciting times for charity and we are looking for two talented Senior Designers to join the Brand and Design team as part of Marketing Communications.
Location: Working primarily from home, flexibility will be required for 2 days’ onsite attendance per week in Devon
Hours: Full-time, core hours for both roles will be 08.30-16.30, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent or 12-month fixed term contract
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
As Senior Graphic Designer you will be creating exceptional work across multiple channels including digital and social, experiential and outdoor, print and branded content.
Working in both a supervisory and hands on capacity across a broad range of creative disciplines, your principal duties and responsibilities within this multifunctional and rewarding role will include the following:
- Creation of original concepts, illustrations and infographics for a variety of print campaigns, events, digital campaigns and product design
- Deliver creative and innovative design solutions that drive and support the income generation targets of the charity.
- Partner with the digital and social media marketing managers to deliver designed assets that are specifically crafted for digital and social media channels
- Act as mentor to the graphic designers, providing artistic direction
- Provide guidance and advice to briefing teams
When applying please state whether you are applying for the permanent or fixed term contract, or if you would like to be considered for both roles.
You are an exceptional Graphic Designer with proven experience across multiple design disciplines. You will be as comfortable providing advice and guidance to briefing teams as you are creating and art directing projects and campaigns, with the ability to understand how to achieve maximum impact through branded content and design, on digital platforms and in print.
You will have:
- Experience in the creation of digital and social media assets as well as an understanding of user centred design for websites, including optimisation for mobile and tablet.
- A formally recognised graphic design or creative qualification, e.g. degree, HND, BTEC or similar,
- Experience of working in a supervisory or mentor capacity
- Exceptional decision-making, communication, writing and information presentation skills
- The ability to step into and lead challenging projects and embrace steep learning curves across a range of innovative new directions and disciplines
- Awareness of delivering key content and messaging through exceptional design and visual content
- Knowledge and skills in: Adobe Creative Suite (including After Effects), Microsoft Office and ideally, video editing software such as Premiere Pro.
The charity offers a working environment second to none. Based in Sidmouth in East Devon – an area of outstanding natural beauty – the offices are located in a glorious setting overlooking the sea, there is a staff wellbeing programme and the organisations initiatives have received a royal seal of approval (recently highly commended in the 2021 Princess Anne Training Awards for the response to Covid-19), and the hundreds of resident donkeys – some literally a few yards from your office – will always be pleased to see you!
About the Organisation:
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Graphic Designer, Lead Graphic Designer, Head Graphic Designer, Senior Graphic Designer, Graphic Design Lead, Senior Graphic Design Lead, Brand Design, Brand Design Lead, Marketing and Brand, Branding, Marketing, Communications, PR, Branding, Brand and Marketing.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Print Designer
Closing 29 August 2022
- White Stuff
Closing 6 July 2022
start 27 June 2022
- GRAHAM AND GREEN
£Dependent upon experience
Senior Print Designer
Closing 28 August 2022
- Stella McCartney
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.