Senior Garment Technologist - Womenswear Lingerie (FTC)
We are looking for a Senior Technologist to join the team! This person needs to be a team player who would welcome involvement in cross-departmental projects. The role reports into a Head of Technical but we are looking for a self-motivator who can take ownership of their responsibilities. Aside from technical experience, organisational and analytical skills are essential, as are good time management and the ability to prioritise tasks.
The technical team at ASOS are all about achieving the right product quality that not only looks great, but fits well and is fantastic value for money. They work closely with the Buying and Merchandising teams and are a key support to Design and Ethical. They are constantly striving to find ways to make sure all our products reach the customers looking the best they can. A desire to improve quality and fit, and the ability to work within a diverse team, build relationships at business and supplier level, and be able to think on your feet in such a fast paced environment are all essential to being a member of the ASOS Technical team.
About the opportunity…
- Work closely with Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, Fabric and our supply base, you’ll need to draw on your solid understanding of the various fitting and manufacturing processes and costings.
- Be passionate about your role and maintain high standards of quality and fit for your department(s).
- Support the Head of category to achieve ASOS KPIs, including right first time sealing hit rate.
- Work with the Design/ Buying team to get a ‘right first time’ sample and improve sealing hit rate.
- Take ownership of the fit and sealing process, embedding virtual fitting on Optitex as the new norm and ensure that suppliers and buyers are fully engaged in the Optitex fit process.
- Ensure that all core fabrics are scanned into the Optitex fabric library and selected during Design brief stage.
- Keep up to date with Optitex software upgrades and take ownership of virtual fit process.
- Risk assess product quality standards and production issues including safety, wearer trials, performance, minimum make standards and potential production issues.
- Use lessons learnt, benchmarking through comparative shopping, working collaboratively with digital teams, Fabric and suppliers to make sure ASOS Quality Standards are maintained.
- Analyse quality issues and customer returns within your department, putting corrective action plans and workable timeframes in place.
- Ensure that Technical data on the supplier Extranet is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that the correct block and fabric reference is selected during Design Brief stage prior to being sent to supplier.
- Deliver Supplier Self Gold Seal status to ensure suppliers meet criteria for Self Approval.
- Support the Offshore Asos QC auditors with regard to technical queries to ensure shipments are not delayed due to incorrect technical packs provided with the Gold Seal.
- Respond to Customer complaints and queries.
- Keep up to date with industry innovations, networking internally and externally to identify opportunities.
- Line management and development of individuals.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Experience of working in Lingerie.
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading.
- Experience of working within a high street retailer and manufacturer.
- Self-motivation and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change.
- Strong communication and networking skills across all levels.
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word, internet and email packages.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships across the business and with suppliers in person, by email and on the telephone.
- Reliable, flexible and good at working within a fast pace team.
- Good organisational skills.
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.
Closing 31 October 2020
Senior Designer - Footwear
Closing 22 December 2020
- Dorothy Perkins
Want more Senior Garment Technologist - Womenswear Lingerie (FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Manufacturing Manager jobs, Fashion Production Manager jobs, Garment Technologist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.