Senior Games Designer
Codemasters are looking for a talented Senior Designer to join the development pit crew. F1® 2020 is the most comprehensive F1® game yet, putting players firmly in the driving seat as they race against the best drivers in the world. You could be part of this journey and beyond with this award-winning team!
Specialising in systems design, you will have the opportunity to design the game-systems for a holistic player journey, managing a huge array of content into coherent and engaging pathways to deliver a balanced and satisfying game experience. Your eye for detail and excellent design documentation skills will mean that you’re able to share your vision with proactivity and credibility. Working in a tight-knit team with full leadership support, our dev cycle structure means that we are able to offer unrivaled bandwidth within the F1 franchise for new feature design and implementation as your career with us unfolds.
We’d love to talk to you if you have:-
- Games industry experience in a Senior or above Design role.
- Great “paper- design” skills of the systems which underpin the game and career experience (rather than moment to moment gameplay).
- Meta gameplay – adding a new game mode for example.
- Ability to come up with a specification and get the buy-in from the team.
- Generate enthusiasm and confidence in bringing new ideas to a high-spec niche.
- Beneath this your skills should also include strong written and verbal communication skills – you’ll need this for the paper-design specs, and of course a passion for F1 and sports titles is naturally a big bonus.
- Mentoring or managing a member of staff to some degree.
- Knowledge of using analytics to inform design decisions and direction.
- Highly pragmatic and able to cut a swathe to get things done.
In return we provide:-
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life.
- Annual bonus structure.
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement.
- Free game each release.
- Chance to enter the annual draw for hospitality at the British Grand Prix.
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry.
Based in the heart of city-centre Birmingham, just minutes away from New Street, our beautiful studio is a hub of international creativity and design excellence year on year. If you have a passion for real-world sport and an understanding of licenced products you can truly hit the ground running with us. Longer term, we will support your passion for games design and work toward putting your own hallmark on future releases within the F1 family.
Closing 4 January 2021
Closing 20 December 2020
- Royal Leamington Spa
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.