Senior Full Stack Developer - Sony Music
NOW Music+ is an exciting new music service for the UK. Built on the success of the global reaching, NOW That’s What I call Music brand – taking its first steps on to the music streaming stage, and it carries weight as the original curator. NOW Music+ is established in the UK. We are a small and dynamic team who run with a start-up mentality within Sony Music.
We have a rare opportunity for a Senior full-stack developer to join our new tech team at Sony Music’s offices and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to the mainstream digital music market. Our products are built using modern frameworks and tooling, including Laravel, React and AWS.
We’re looking for an innovator, a developer with passion and experience in both back and front-end development and good knowledge of the latest tools, methodologies and best practice. You will play a leading role in our development, implementing new features, improving performance, and building a beautiful product and experience for our user-base. You are a good communicator, excellent problem solver, quick learner and can work independently as well as part of a team. Above all, your work will impact the way people experience music.
You will become an advocate for the NOW Brand, the NOW Music+ service and a champion for our platform and technology.Responsibilities:
- Working closely with and supporting the Product Owner
- Designing and developing new features
- Investigating and resolving defects
- Working collaboratively to tackle complex problems and make important decisions
- Estimating and planning development tasks
- Advising on feasibility and complexity of potential features
- Identifying and implementing improvements for reliability, scalability and performance
- Showing our platform to be innovative and forward-thinking
- Finding efficient ways to meet key business objectives
Advanced knowledge in The following:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience or more
- Friendly, well balanced individual.
- Team player, who also works well, independently.
- Somebody who likes to get involved
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- Problem solver
- Likes a challenge
Desired experience (but not essential) in the following:
- Jenkins CI
- Android Native
- Elastic Search
- Kibana (ELK)
Share on your newsfeed
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Midweight Graphic Designer for Excess Baggage Company
Closing 6 October 2017
- Excess Baggage Company
Freelance Online Content Developer - Fashion Retailer
Closing 20 October 2017
- Elite Associates
- temp to perm
- £220 to 245 /day
Want more Senior Full Stack Developer - Sony Music jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.