Senior Front End Designer
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
We are looking for a talented Front End designer to join our Experience Design Team in Barcelona. You will be part of an innovative team working towards accelerating the evolution of our product, processes and technology with the goal of delivering an extraordinary user experience.
As a Front End Designer (UX Engineer), you’ll weave together strong design aesthetics with technical know-how. You’ll partner with researchers and designers to define and deliver new features, translate concepts into living, breathing prototypes, and iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver the perfect experience.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for user experience and be able to build quick prototypes while balancing fidelity and speed. You will be an advocate of exceptional design and also have an awareness of technical constraints. You will stay updated on trends in UI and interaction design for desktop and mobile and will regularly share inspiration with the rest of the design team.
You have strong collaboration and relationship-building skills and are comfortable working with roles of all levels and capabilities, incorporating ideas, and gathering inspiration from multiple sources. You thrive on working well with others, with different knowledge levels and capabilities. You make the people around you better and incorporate ideas and inspiration from internal and external sources.
You are an independent, self-motivated, and creative professional - capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This is an active hands-on role that will require a designer who can solve complex visual and interaction design challenges. You must also have a sense of design principles and impeccable attention to detail.
What You'll Do:
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- Create engaging responsive coded prototypes for evaluation user testing and critique.
- Act as a bridge between the development and design teams.
- Collaborate with UX team members on defining and maintaining design standards and a shared vision for consistency across the platform.
- Work with a multi-disciplined UX team of designers, user researchers, product managers and engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment to better understand business and customer goals, as well as technical requirements.
- Stay current with latest prototyping standards, changes and trends and be open to creative ideas and inspiration from various sources.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Share your work and be open to trade-offs and collaborative, constructive feedback.
- Create non-formulaic solutions and different approaches to varied challenges.
- Keep communication flowing by bringing feedback from developers to the team and taking team questions back to developers.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration and eager to receive feedback.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, UI Design, Product Design, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in development or prototyping.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Experience in tools like Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision.
- Analytical and strategic mindset.
- Digital portfolio demonstrating ability to create prototypes.
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining user-interface specifications, guidelines, and pattern libraries.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology a plus.
Please submit your CV including portfolio.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Web Producer - Maternity Cover
Closing 26 September 2020
- Michael Kors
Senior UX Designer
Closing 3 October 2020
- perm, from remote
Want more Senior Front End Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.