Senior Experience Design Manager, Digital Video and Audio Collaboration
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Our design team invents the user experience of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Rush, and the other Creative Cloud video and audio apps. We collaborate with business leaders, engineering, and research to deeply understand customer needs and build industry-standard creative apps for video editors. This role is an outstanding opportunity to define experiences for creative people and build modern workflows for hybrid and remote work.
We’re seeking an energetic experience design leader who thinks holistically and uses modern tools to evaluate multiple experience directions quickly. This role will require a champion for crafting experiences across a wide range of surfaces, from web to desktop workstations. This manager will work closely alongside the design director, designers and product teams to develop ideas from concept to implementation. We’re looking for a natural leader who can organize and manage a team. The ideal candidate should have a strong design background, a passion for great user experience, a desire to drive innovation and iteration, and a proven ability to lead and manage teams.
In this role, you will:
- Have substantial ownership. Your team will make important decisions about the way our products look, feel and behave.
- Bring design to life. We value craftmanship and a maker's sense of learning by doing.
- Understand and advocate the for the customer. Work with researchers (or conduct your own) from customer discovery through more discrete usability testing.
- Create clarity. We have great creative ideas and energy and you’ll play an essential role in keeping the team in sync and moving forward towards a shared vision.
- Collaborate. You’ll be part of a very active product development organization with a diverse perspective and skill set. We work closely with product management, engineering, and many other stakeholders.
- Ship software. You’ll have multiple opportunities to deliver finished products to customers and enjoy seeing your work in the hands of millions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- College degree.
- An understanding of video and/or audio editing principles and apps.
- A deep understanding of creative collaboration and multi-user environments.
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience.
- Experience working in large teams with many moving parts.
- Experience helping your team conduct research, present results, and develop plans to act on those results.
- Awareness of how visual design languages and UI frameworks affect the design process.
- A consistent track record of launching products that delight, innovate and scale.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
About Adobe Design:
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Designer, Cloud User Experience
Closing 15 October 2022
- perm, from remote
$118,800 to 163,350 per annum
Senior Designer - Product & UI
Closing 17 October 2022
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 October 2022
- perm, from remote
Want more Senior Experience Design Manager, Digital Video and Audio Collaboration jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.