Senior Environment Artist
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a Senior Environment Artist to join our studio.
- As a Senior Environment Artist your primary role is to produce the art assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision.
- You will ensure your pre-production drawings, block-outs/grey-boxing and in-game assets follow the art direction and are technically prepared for the transition into game.
- You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in- game assets adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- At least one shipped title under your belt, having worked on it from start to finish.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills, demonstrable in your portfolio.
- Experience with Maya, Unity and sculpting tools. ZBrush/Mudbox are preferred, but not essential.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- A passion for playing and making games!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us:
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
Product Design Leader, Workplace AR/VR
Closing 2 August 2020
Closing 1 September 2020
Want more Senior Environment Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Textures jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.