At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry. Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology. Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Leading cybersecurity news site Dark Reading seeks an experienced cybersecurity journalist in the European region with strong editing, writing, and communications skills who will help build out news and content coverage for the Middle East and Africa region, as well as support the day-to-day content operations for the media brand in the U.S. The candidate for this position will help shape and develop content in the MEA region that meets the needs of cybersecurity professionals in that region.
This editor will report to the Editor-in-Chief at Dark Reading, and work closely with the Dark Reading editorial team in various aspects of the day-to-day operations, including virtual and live events.
- Help establish and grow Dark Reading’s presence and readership in the Middle East & Africa and beyond
- Write regular cybersecurity news pieces relevant to cybersecurity professionals in the Middle East and Africa regions
- Recruit freelancers in those regions and assign and edit daily content relevant to that region
- Work and collaborate closely with US-based managing editors on news and feature content for the media site as a whole
- Create new ways of telling stories and driving new audience development
- Cover and attend Black Hat Middle East conference
- Monitor and analyze site traffic and audience engagement in MEA
- Recruit speakers and moderate virtual and live event panels for Dark Reading
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cybersecurity journalism preferred, including editing articles for content relevance and accuracy
- Knowledge and/or experience with cybersecurity industry issues and markets in the Middle East and Africa preferred
- Experience with leveraging social media to support media brand engagement and SEO
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines amid a fast-paced news operation
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a wider team
- Experience in developing content in multiple formats (short/long form). Video experience desirable but not required
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration applications
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Editor - Talent Community
Closing 20 May 2023
- London, Oxford
Sub Editor - Mat Cover
Closing 17 May 2023
- The White Company
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Editor - MyLondon
Closing 30 March 2023
- Reach Plc
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Want more Senior Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Journalist jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.