Senior E-commerce Image Retoucher
Vivienne Westwood is looking for an enthusiastic Senior E-commerce Image Retoucher to join our expanding team.
Applying the highest possible creative and technical retouching skills to a range of image styles, working collaboratively across the business with multiple teams to enable the successful post-production of E-commerce content images.
- Oversee art working projects and image editing of photography to the highest standards. Adhering to quality control guidelines and feedback working on fashion and product photography.
- Take ownership of retouch for key website categories from capture through to delivery to agreed timelines.
- Work with Lead Retoucher to develop a broad range of image styles and categories during seasonal and online selling season (JOOR) to meet E-commerce upload targets.
- Expand tools and techniques to optimise batch processing, resizing, and cropping.
- Confidently demonstrate and carry out peer to peer retouch training on invisible mannequin, model, product, and jewellery Images.
- Work with Lead Retoucher during peak studio intake on outstanding Image editing and colour check/match images with garments/products ensuring consistent colour accuracy.
- Demonstrate clear brand understanding and deliver consistent, quality artwork to specification.
- Act as an ambassador for retouch guidelines, to support detailed retouching notes and feedback provided by Retouching Lead and Content Image Controller.
- Act on behalf of Lead Retoucher when needed to translate and apply creative direction through to final deliverable.
- Handle multiple comps and performs alterations to images. Works closely with the Content Team and actions creative changes.
- Support Retouch Lead with production process and day-to-day retouch operations.
- Maintain and organise personal retouch workload and checklist priorities, submitting assets onto VW server ready for approval.
- Ensure images are retouched to a high creative standard, delivered on time for e-commerce Content Image Controller to QC Retouched files.
- Ensure Retouch Team Lead is kept up to date with your workload and made aware of any issues that are likely to cause delays.
- Track, monitor and respond to information requests from your line Photo Studio Manager / Retouch Team Leader. Maintain constant and consistent communication with your team and photographers.
- Devise training and support with Lead Retoucher to develop the teams technical and creative skills with Adobe Suite software.
- Suggest retouch processes and software to enhance and update studio processes, collaborate with Photo Studio peers to advise on the most effective way of achieving required results. Provide innovative solutions to increase the efficiency of the retouch workflow.
- Provide clear and effective communication to the E-commerce Mid-Weight Studio Coordinator, updating on progress, retouch status to ensure the smooth delivery of targets.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring a team.
- 7 years’ experience minimum within retouch/ edit field. A strong portfolio of creative work.
- Proficient experience using Liquify on Photoshop and outline editing.
- Strong ability across Pen Tool and Brush Tool for Photoshop.
- Excellent Photoshop knowledge and a strong understanding of colour spaces and Mac systems.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive retouching specifically on still life, mannequin, and model.
- Composite retouch experience.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills – Solution focused.
- Ability to multitask, manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and improving systems.
- The capability to perform under pressure.
- Experience in an ecommerce setting is preferred.
- Commercially astute.
Vivienne Westwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local government laws.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 January 2023
- perm, remote
£38,000 to 40,000 per annum
Closing 3 January 2023
- Landor & Fitch
Picture Editor, Wider Image – Reuters
Closing 31 December 2022
- Thomson Reuters
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.