Senior Director of UX Design
About the role:
Come and join us as an experienced Senior Director of UX Design!
Lead a team of dedicated UX, UI, Visual and Content Designers to craft our next generation software user experiences and design system. The ideal candidate will be a mixture of design system specialist, creative director, team builder and manager, and valued and influential partner to teams.
We also need someone who can develop a strong clear point of view for what their product UX should be; design within the technical capabilities and limitations of what can be built while always pushing for more; and foster a user-centered approach to product definition and development for Design.
We're looking for a design leader with the talent and potential to deliver transformative innovation, paradigm changing UI and UX design, jaw dropping visual and motion design, innovative design technology and prototypes, and deeply insightful user research.
In this role, you'll collaborate, share your ideas and work with an amazing group of product people across the globe. You'll directly contribute to Oracle’s award-winning enterprise design system “Redwood” and help bring our vision to redefine the user experience for business applications at NetSuite to its 31,000 customers. Curious about Oracle award-winning design system Redwood? Have a sneak peak here!
Who you are:
You get totally 'geeked out' about design systems from the pixels to plans.
- You are constantly evolving your understanding of design systems driven to our top SME.
- You can advise teams on the micro-interactions of an atom and zoom out to see the patterns throughout the product.
- You are data driven and able to show metrics for the quality and uptake of the design system while always striving for improvement.
- Lead the development and execution of the strategy for design systems along with product and engineering leadership.
You lead and encourage teams towards creating a robust, useful, usable, and evergreen experiences.
- You think systemically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But know when the system needs to expand to accommodate the user. And you know when to do something completely outstanding to build an arresting and product-defining moment in the product that makes users ooh and aah.
- You lead processes to understand needs from using teams, across a variety of devices and areas, while weeding out unnecessary complexity.
- You have a balanced focus on both the discovery and delivery of the design system.
You're a ‘full stack’ designer and ‘player-coach’ kind of design leader:
- You look at interaction design, visual design and aesthetics, typography, motion, 3D, human factors, content, and more as tools in the UX designer’s toolkit.
- You may have strengths in most of these areas, know how they work together, can still design hands on; but you know how to advise the work and combine it all into an experience that delights.
- You consume large amounts of data to constantly refine your assumptions. You iterate. You love finding out you’re wrong and refining your designs until they’re right.
You jump at the chance to apply your passion and experience in human-centered design to solving any challenge.
- You help our team to integrate design thinking and hcd methods to our ways of working for creating a design system.
- You are able to collaborate with and influence other leads to become increasingly user-centered in everything we do from strategies to roadmaps and planning.
Finally, you are excited to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to user experience design.
- You are passionate about helping organizations become driven by designs and user/customer-focused.
- Role model for other designers with ambitions to have a seat at the table with other leads and execs.
- Great collaborator, communicator and servant leader that is seen as a problem solver.
Details and Job Requirements:
- 15+ years of experience as a design professional.
- Experience leading teams of 25 people and managing at least 5 direct reports.
- Collaborator and executive collaboration/communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in UX/UI Design, Digital Media Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or other design field.
- Professional portfolio or similar that communicates your approach, process, work, and accomplishments.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology in large enterprise setting.
- ERP / Enterprise software design experience is a (major) plus.
- B2B enterprise software spanning user-types, industries and devices has likely a head start.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- We have product hubs in Brno, Barcelona, Redwood Shores, Waterloo, Austin and many more locations.
- Remote work is an option.
Does this sound like you? If so, we hope to meet you.
At Oracle NetSuite, we care! We care about the evolution of people and business and making life a bit easier. We focus on encouraging productivity, accomplishments and job success through powerful cloud technology. We listen to the needs of our customers and users, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission to enable companies to realize their vision on the very best technology.
We are looking for experts to join our NetSuite family to accelerate the evolution of our technology. By putting together a dynamic and passionate team of designers, writers, researchers, developers, and product managers we will be able to delight our customers by designing and executing next generation solutions that focus on insight, control, automation and agility.
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you would like accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, please let us know.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Product Design Lead
Closing 1 February 2023
- Sky UK
- Osterley, Leeds
Graphic Designer with Digital Experience Manager - Accenture Creative
Closing 31 January 2023
Want more Senior Director of UX Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.