Senior Digital Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our leading Digital Creative Team and help us design and create commercial and marketing content for a very successful business!
Summary of Role:
To work collaboratively within the Digital Creative Team focused on design, layout, artworking and asset creation of commercial and marketing content for a successful, fast paced business.
You will also work with broader areas of the business including online trading, marketing, product teams and UX.
You will deliver highly original designs across Next and brands and be a mentor to fellow Designers.
This role is for someone who can design to an exceptionally high standard and artwork thoroughly at volume and pace while turning their hand as required to multiple creative disciplines including art direction, campaign concepts, illustration and animation.
- Content layout: Editorial features and onsite content where required
- Ensuring layouts are creatively coherent and meet the standards defined by the Head of Graphic Design.
- Ensuring all imagery, copy and links are correct and have a considered user journey. A very strong attention to detail is required.
Working daily with Core Media CMS.
- Create unique illustrations and animations.
- Conceptualise and help deliver top level digital advertising campaigns.
Email design and build:
• Layout and build of weekly (editorial) emails plus any additional as required.
Line report responsibilities:
• You will mentor Junior and Middleweight designers. Ensuring creative output is to a high standard and all work is handed over in a timely manner.
• You will contribute to presentation decks and assist in presenting work, ideas and concept decks to the broader business as and when required.
- Highly experienced in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Solid experience working with a CMS (Core Media an advantage).
- Ability to manage workload and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to pick up new skills and systems quickly.
- Used to working in a fast paced and highly reactive manner.
- Basic experience in HTML/CSS.
- A confident and concise communicator, with the ability to present work to higher management.
- Strong illustrative skills.
- A self starter who also thrives when working collaboratively.
- A forward thinking individual who can contribute to “bigger picture” projects.
- Solid image editing/retouching skills.
- Be up to date with all industry trends.
- Experience of delivering work to a set budget.
- Strong typography design.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree (or similar) level qualification in graphic design or similar.
- Sound understanding of UX best practice.
- Experience in UI design.
- A good understanding of print design.
- Animation skills.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Want more Senior Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.