Senior Digital Designer
We are looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join the Creative team at our head office in Leicestershire!
As the Senior Digital Designer you will have a team of Digital Designers who you will develop and lead. You and your team will be responsiblefor delivering highly original 'on brand' output across all Next digital channels. In this role you will workcollaboratively within the Digital Creative Team focused on design, layout, artworking and asset creation of commercial and marketing content for a high paced online business. You will also work with broader areas of the business including online trading, marketing,UX, Credit/Service, personalization and brand marketing.
This role is for someone who can design and artwork at volume and pace while turning their hand as required to multiple creative disciplines including art direction, campaign concepts, illustration and animation. You'll be very experienced using Adobe Creative and a CMS and ideally you will also have some people management experience as well.
Content layout: Homepages, landing pages, brand pages, editorial features:
- Working on regular site/app content refreshes utilizing bespoke assets created by you and the team or those supplied or sourced.
- Ensuring layouts are creatively coherent and meet the standards defined.
by Head of Online Creative and Creative Lead.
- Ensuring all imagery, copy and links are correct and have a considered user journeys.
- Working closely with editorial team and Senior Designer to create engaging editorial content.
- Working daily with Core Media CMS.
- Conceptualise and art direct fashion, lifestyle (on model) and still life photography to an extremely high standard.
- Create unique illustrations and animations.
- Conceptualise and deliver world class digital advertising campaign.
Email design and build:
• Layout and build of weekly (editorial) emails plus any additional as required.
Display advertising/Paid social:
• Design/artworking of off site activity in relation to digital campaigns.
- Highly experienced in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Solid experience working with a CMS (Core Media an advantage).
- Ability to manage workload and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to pick up new skills and systems quickly.
- Used to working in a fast paced and highly reactive manner.
- Basic experience in HTML/CSS.
- A confident and concise communicator.
- A self starter who also thrives when working collaboratively.
- A forward thinking individual who can contribute to “bigger picture” projects.
- Solid image editing/retouching skills.
- Strong animation and video editing ability.
- Be up to date with all industry trends.
- Experience of liaising with third party suppliers.
- Experience of delivering work against and to budget.
- Strong typography design.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree (or similar) level qualification in graphics design or similar.
- Sound understanding of UX best practice.
- Experience in UI design.
- A good understanding of print design.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- ShareSave Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Staff Discount.
- On-site Nursery.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closing 20 January 2021
- Northampton (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Designer - Home - Textiles
Closing 1 December 2020
Want more Senior Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.