Senior Digital Designer for BIG Lottery Fund
About the role
The Big Lottery Fund receives thousands of applications a year, for projects that seek to benefit millions of people. Handling these is a large scale process of real consequence, and one in which the quality of user experience can make a significant real world impact. In 2017 this means that high quality digital channels are essential for fulfilling our mission.
The role will entail carrying out digital design for the Big Lottery Fund. You will work within the Digital Team, a brand new part of the organisation that has been set up to give the Big Lottery Fund an in-house capacity to research, design, deliver and iterate high quality digital services. With colleagues, you will have a key role in rebuilding the Fund’s public-facing website from scratch on a new technology base, using a range of agile and user-centred working practices. Whilst this role is primarily about our public-facing services, you may also be asked to assist with the design and operation of back-end tools, working to make the lives of our colleagues more efficient and effective
The Digital Team’s structure and working practices are heavily informed by the Government Digital Service’s Service Design Manual, and by modern, iterative software development practices in general. Work will be arranged in sprints, and run in an agile way, with plenty of user-testing and user-conversations to inform choices.
Working as part of a small, newly-formed digital team you will be required to deliver innovative creative concepts and world-class visual design using an agile approach. Your main responsibility will be to create attractive digital products that focus on usability, while ensuring your output observes UX principles and web best practises. The ideal candidate will have a creative, functional mind and will be able to take an idea from sketch, through to polished design, ready for build across mobile and web. You will ensure your creative output constantly meets the highest standards and will be flexible in attitude to extend, edit or expand as per requirement.
In order to succeed in the role of Senior Digital Designer, you will have to be able to produce design assets from rough sketch through to polished design, working closely with colleagues and users throughout the process. Your application will be especially strong if you can show knowledge of user-centered design techniques.
You will be a capable digital designer who takes real pleasure from designing and collaborating with colleagues and customers. You will bring with you a proven track record of delivering customer-facing digital services that placed user experience and user needs at the heart of their priorities, either as a solo expert or as part of a team.
You will need experience in:
- Designing interactions professionally for the web and mobile, especially in tools like Photoshop and Sketch.
- Experience of designing interactive applications is key: we are seeking a higher level of interface and product design experience than the production of brochure sites.
- Partaking in user research exercises to map and understand user needs, before designing and testing prototypes
- Experience of contributing to the development and continual enhancement of digital products or services.
The following are not essential, but will strengthen your application:
- Training in any user research or user-centered design techniques
- Experience of designing data visualisations, and familiarity with good and bad practices in the realm of information design.
- Experience of working closely with colleagues to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Experience of delivering designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences
- Experience in print design
- An ability to communicate design concepts to a non-technical audience
Please see our Creativepool Profile for a more in depth look at the BIG Lottery Fund.
Starting Salary: Up to £48,395 per year (subject to location and skills/experience)
Type of employment: Fixed term 12 months (maternity leave cover)
Hours per week: 29.6 hrs – 37 hrs (i.e. 4 or 5 day working week)
Location: London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Exeter, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Glasgow, Belfast, Cardiff, Newtown, and remote working anywhere within the UK also an option
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Digital Designer (Rolling Contract) for Space
Closing 31 January 2018
- Space 01
- temp, temp to perm
Product Designer (User Experience) - Spotify
Closing 8 February 2018
Want more Senior Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Visualiser - Design/Advertising jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.