Senior Digital Content Lead for Unilever
Unique opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking team within Home Care - Cleanipedia, which is Home Care’s biggest owned digital platform and the biggest source of data for the Division.
Born as a SEO cleaning blog, we are transforming Cleanipedia into a global publisher, crafting inspiring and meaningful content for our consumers to consistently engage with. Through the data we collect, we’re crafting important, targeted relationships that deliver the ultimate consumer experience, while driving unparalleled value back into the business.
As the ultimate tool for precision and also a marketing driven by data, we have 25 Cleanipedia sites across 23 markets – giving us direct access to millions of Unilever consumers.
This is not a typical ‘brand management’ role and requires someone that is both inherently digital and adaptable – with the main task being to build up Cleanipedia that it will drive real value for Home Care.
- Build, test, learn and iterate on the Global strategy for Cleanipedia
- Cascade Global strategy to Global brands and local markets and ensure both understanding and agreement across all partners
- Define key priority workstreams based on the above and ensure team actions are always aligned
- Ensure clear critical metrics are set and understood across each phase
- Be confident enough to say ‘no’ when requests or actions deviate from the strategy/priorities
- Understand any wider Home Care frameworks/strategies (e.g.: Division Holistic Search Strategy) and ensure Cleanipedia is both represented and aligned
- Handle internal partners to regularly update on progress
- Be the key point of contact for Global brands – ensuring Cleanipedia is utilised wherever appropriate within campaign planning
- Lead local markets across all areas – including onboarding of strategy, designing/facilitating workshops, aligning of priorities and providing inspiration around the opportunity
- Understand and drive the value of data especially for an FMCG business like Home Care
- Advocate for the collection and usage of data wherever possible
- Find opportunities for pilots (test & learn) where Cleanipedia can drive the Division’s data strategy. Share any pilots/learnings across all markets
Content & SEO
- Find, drive and execute ongoing initiatives to build content quickly, cost-efficiently and at scale
- Lead all Global agencies and ensure content is crafted in a way that will both be right for the consumer and drive traffic to Cleanipedia
- Ensure ongoing optimisation for Search across both content and tech
Culture and Encouragement
- Work in an agile way and encourage the rest of the team to do the same
- Drive proactivity and a culture of ‘doing it ourselves’ wherever possible
- Lead the Global Cleanipedia budget – including allocation/prioritisation of funding and ongoing optimisation
Proven Knowledge Required
- Experience with online publishing and SEO
- Deep understanding of PPC, social media strategy & fundamental principles of digital marketing
- Familiarity with digital technologies like Adobe Experience Manager, CMS usage etc
- Knowledge of data strategy and data driven marketing
Key Experience Required
- Experience in rolling out new digital capability
- Previous experience with designing/formulating and leading/facilitating workshops
- History of working in large, global team and experience with working across geographies/cultures
- Previous agency management experience
- Budget ownership/management (in excess of £3M)
Skills & Capabilities Required
- Ability to cope with change and to work within a complex, dynamic structure
- Capability of working across multiple projects, markets and departments at a time
- Aptitude for inspiring action in others - through outstanding relationships, strategic influencing and energy for the subject
- Strong partner management abilities
- Confident speaker, willing to present to and engage with large groups of varying understanding and work levels
- Able to impart complicated information in a clear, concise manner
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a consistent difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Content Marketing Specialist for Off to Work
Closing 21 March 2019
- Off to Work
- £24,000 to 27,000 p/a
Social Media Manager
Closing 13 March 2019
Want more Senior Digital Content Lead jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Director jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Project Director jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Chief Marketing Officer jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.