Senior DesignerThis job listing has expired
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Oxford Education Division provides books and resources across Primary, Secondary, Trade and Children's markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting new opportunity for a highly talented, creative and motivated individual to join our Design team as a Senior Designer, working on a wide range of print and digital product for the Secondary and International Education markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing high quality design for print and digital delivery
- Commissioning illustration and other visual content
- Contracting and managing external design and typesetting suppliers
- Producing high impact series identity for use in product and marketing
- Budget and schedule management of a list of titles
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working as an editorial or print designer in the publishing industry
- Ability to juggle a multitude of projects
- Excellent typographic and layout skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- The ability to design for multi-media and web would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of all Adobe CS packages (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in particular) and MS Office
- Experience commissioning illustration, photography and design services would be an advantage
- Experience of XML workflow would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a design related discipline
- Able to demonstrate the ability to think creatively and to design for specific market requirements with a portfolio of own work
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 15 August 2018
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £26,000 to 28,000 p/a
Digital and Print Campaigns Designer (Part time - 4 days per week) - Sightsavers
Closing 30 July 2018
- Haywards Heath
- perm, part time
- c£30,000 (pro rata - 4 days per week)
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Typographer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Traffic Manager jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.