At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our HQ in Manchester, our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they’re always ready for change.
Booking.com core values:
- Think customer first.
- Succeed together.
- Own It.
- Learn Forever.
- Do the Right Thing.
Senior Designers at Booking.com are experienced designers with craft expertise and an exceptional understanding of their subject areas. They work directly within a team and indirectly across a small number of teams within their subject area to define and execute the design details that drive business value.
In Business & Supplier Tooling, we create experiences that satisfy the needs (or jobs-to-be-done) of internal colleagues as well as external supply partners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of user flows, product features, and underlying technologies across teams and tracks - demonstrates a working understanding of the larger user and business context of their product area.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of user-centered design concepts, methods, tools and techniques to enable and advance quality design and outcomes.
- Creates high-quality well-researched and data informed design assets and solutions.
- Responsible for overall product design quality in their area - proactively identifies, fixes critical issues and bugs across track teams.
- Completes complex objectives autonomously, involving everyone necessary; proactively generates new product ideas, as well as devises tests and/or processes to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Proactively helps others to develop, champion, and refine ideas or initiatives that solve business and/or user needs both inside and outside of their area of direct responsibility.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of Booking's brand, design and accessibility standards and systems and ensures they are adhered to in their area of business.
- Proactively partners with their peers, leads, or others in the tech and product organizations to drive and execute on broader level strategy to improve the product and the community around them.
- Advances team and design community understanding of user-centered design concepts, methods and techniques; facilitates team ideation sessions, solution discovery and brainstorming relevant for design topics.
- Volunteers to work on projects to solve business and/or user needs outside of their area of direct responsibility (e.g. could be issues other designers aren’t willing to tackle or don’t find interesting).
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience delivering global products in a similar large scale product led environment.
- Has advanced knowledge of interaction design, and creates appropriate interfaces using core design tools, like Figma, Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Demonstrates advanced skill in mapping end-to-end services, experiences and processes. Visualising services holistically across all touchpoints (online and offline).
- Skilled in co-creative design methods and facilitation.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts, and theories of product design and related areas including copywriting and research.
- Has basic knowledge of prototyping tools or prototyping environments and web coding languages such as HTML, CSS, etc.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of user-centered design concepts, methods, and techniques to enable and advance quality design and outcomes.
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring.
- Generous accommodation discount, so you can explore for less.
- Bonus package.
- Pension with up to 10% matched company contribution.
- Free breakfast and subsidised staff restaurant with Starbucks coffee.
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you.
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox.
- Interest free travel loans/discounted car parking.
- Competitive maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Flexible working, including working from home.
- Wellbeing focus, with weekly onsite yoga.
- Mental health first aiders and free face-to-face support.
Junior Seven Store UX Executive
Closing 20 March 2021
Senior UX Designer
Closing 30 January 2021
- Auto Trader
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.