We are looking for a Senior Designer (Identity, Digital and Print, with a minimum 7 years experience) to join and lead our international award winning design team in our Bahrain studio. We are looking for a ballsy, big thinking graphic design hero who can kick the rear end out of any design brief and mentor their team into designer demigods.
Senior Designer Role Outline:
You are a natural team leader and design passionista. Your commitment to creativity and technical design brilliance will help ensure the agency’s reputation for award winning and strategic creative work is maintained and further developed.
Senior Designer Mission:
The mission for this role is to ensure the agency’s gold-plated reputation for strategic creativity is upheld and advanced, while helping mentor and grow the team.
Senior Designer Competencies:
We are seeking someone with the following skills and competencies.
Creative thinking skills:
- Originates ideas which are imaginative, strategic and aligned with the brief requirements
- Imaginative & resourceful, ‘owns the brief’, ensures they have end-to-end understanding of key requirements
- Clear minded, seeks clarity via clarification questions
- Productive and results focussed
Digital design skills:
- Understands how to bring ideas to life across a range of digital disciplines and platforms
- Understands web design process, UX, UI, responsive design
- Can wireframe a website
- Knows how to work with a coder from briefing, to style guides, to motion
- Has deep understanding of Photoshop, smart objects, grids, export functions, animations
Off line design skills:
- Can execute creative ideas and deliver design solutions across various touch points - from events to signage
- Understands print process, off set printing, foiling, print finishes, binding
- Has a clear methodology and approach to print design projects including pagination and content flow
- Has deep understanding of indesign, styles, shortcuts, master pages etc
- Understands how to create a presentation of their work - introduction, story, conclusions
- Can present to a client team at a senior level
- Knows how to handle difficult questions from clients
Team leadership skills:
- Can inspire and mentor other creative team members to improve capabilities across all design disciplines
- Able to evaluate their creative capabilities and outline focus areas for their professional development
- Has the ambition to set and maintain high creative standards, continuously evolving their skills
- Evaluate and constructively critique work, helping to craft work into on brief solutions
- Unafraid to reject ideas which are unpractical, unaligned to brief & brand
Self direction and motivational skills:
- Organised, self managed and directed
- Faithful & true to their word - exhibits grit, determination and a persistent work ethic
- Proactive, Passionate, Enthusiastic & Positive
- Believes in brilliance, has high standards
Want to apply for this position? Please email your CV and portfolio with a cover letter to the address provided
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.