It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com core values:
- Think customer first.
- Succeed together.
- Own It.
- Learn Forever.
- Do the Right Thing.
You’ll be part of our London team - a product innovation group building the next generation of transport solutions for our customers.
We are working on a unique and exciting new product development, bringing transport into the Booking.com ecosystem. This ranges from ticketed transport, airport transfers and on-demand taxis.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, and forward-thinking Product Designer to help shape the experience of travel within the booking app.
You will be based in London, but with occasional travel to the head office in Manchester and Amsterdam. You will report to a Senior Product Designer and work closely with a cross-functional product team.
- Own the design, from start to finish, of a new critical component of our app.
- Own the entire design process from idea to implementation and everything that entails - research, UX design, UI design, user testing etc.
- Use your excellent communication skills to get everyone, at all levels, excited about your work.
- Collaborate closely with design, product and engineering to create a highly efficient delivery team.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and deliver everything needed for an app launch - landing pages, emails etc.
- Bring your thought leadership to our design process and tools - show us how we do it better.
- Work with other designers to define and refine our design language and style guide.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and ensure we remain customer-centric in everything we do.
Skills and Experience:
We want an experienced, skilled and motivated product designer who thrives with autonomy and a lean, collaborative, fast paced environment.
We want someone who obsesses about the customer and goes out of their way to ensure their designs are useful, usable and delightful.
Working as part of a small, collaborative team should be second nature, as should your constant search to improve how you and we do things.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering global products in a similar large scale product led environment.
- You’re experienced designing exemplary mobile interfaces for native apps (Android & iOS).
- You’re critical and questioning - always asking how we do better.
- You’re customer-centric with a good understanding of different research and testing methods, including when and how to use them.
- You’re an excellent communicator - able to discuss design decisions confidently at all levels.
- You can translate requirements into functional, usable and beautiful designs.
- Your designs are informed by a broad mix of qualitative and quantitative insights.
- You take an iterative approach and move quickly from idea to validation.
- You’re more than comfortable working in a fast-paced lean delivery environment.
- You’re a passionate self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems.
- You care deeply about good design and your craft - continuously learning how to improve your design knowledge and skills.
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring.
- Generous accommodation discount, so you can explore for less.
- Bonus package.
- Pension with up to 10% matched company contribution.
- Free breakfast and subsidised staff restaurant with Starbucks coffee.
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you.
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox.
- Interest free travel loans/discounted car parking.
- Competitive maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Flexible working, including working from home.
- Mental health first aiders and free face-to-face support.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 3 October 2020
- perm, from remote
Senior UX/UI Designer
Closing 3 October 2020
- Ted Baker
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.