We are looking for talented Designers to create award-winning experiences for our customers. This role will give you the opportunity to be part of an integrated and innovative in- house Experience Design team, working to help transform the second oldest brand in the UK. Our team boasts experience from a range of industries including broadcast, telecoms, ecommerce, tech, start-ups and a wealth of creative agencies. Join us for the opportunity to work with and learn from the best.
What will you be doing?
• Delivering consistent, excellent, customer-focused design solutions.
• Lead projects, taking responsibility for communication and planning design activities.
• Proactively collaborating with colleagues across the business and joining the dots where needed.
• Managing stakeholder’s expectations and priorities.
• Adhering to human centered design practices.
• Keeping abreast of best practices in design led thinking and applying those as a leader both internally and externally.
• Be a champion of trialing new and relevant design methodologies and practices and promote across the business.
• Create and review design specs for developers (across app and web).
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of designing user centred experiences, with a strong digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes.
• Proven experience of working with UX and/or service design principles and brand guidelines.
• Experience creating and contributing to digital design libraries, pattern libraries or something similar.
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex technical digital concepts, and present them as simple design solutions.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You understand and act on making design decisions based on a range of data and insight.
• Proven experience leading designers, developers, stakeholders or clients.
• You have experience managing stakeholders and timelines/priority lists.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit our web for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
User Experience Designer
Closing 20 February 2020
Digital Designer - FTC 9 Months
Closing 26 February 2020
- temp, temp to perm
- £30,000 p/a
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.