As a Barclays Senior Digital Designer, you’ll be helping to make banking a more pleasurable, less stressful experience for our millions of customers every day. You will be passionate about digital experiences and design, be excited by research methodologies and design theory, and clearly understand how to create designs that customers love to use. In the Experience Design team, we champion user-centred design thinking and practice while building digital experiences to help transform the second oldest brand in the UK.
What will you be doing?
• Delivering consistent, excellent, customer-focused design solutions, leading projects, and proactively collaborating with colleagues across the business.
• Keeping abreast of best practices in design led thinking and applying those as a leader both internally and externally – by doing this you will be a champion of trialling new and relevant design methodologies.
• You will ensure the quality of design is high, adhering to design language and challenging when appropriate.
• You will initiate, act on and brief in user research.
• You will be involved in developing the strategy to position Barclays at the forefront of digital banking experiences over the next 2-3 years.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of designing user centred experiences, with a strong digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes with knowledge of UX and/or service design principles and brand guidelines.
• Experience creating and contributing to digital design libraries, pattern libraries or something similar.
• Demonstrable ability to understand complex technical digital concepts, and present them as simple design solutions.
• A team player and clear communicator who can engage with a wide range of people, you are not afraid to call out when things aren’t going right.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• The ability to make and act on design decisions based on a range of data and insight.
• Proven experience leading designers, developers, stakeholders or clients.
• Proven experience managing stakeholders and timelines/priority backlogs.
Where will you be working?
Based in our Head Office in our leafy Radbrooke site in the North West you’ll be surrounded by likeminded people in a location with free parking, lovely surrounded leafy environment, perfect for an afternoon walk or a run before work if you’re feeling energetic. We have an onsite canteen too. Come and join us!
Our Values :
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
CRO/UX Front End Developer - Sports Nutrition eCom Brand
Closing 17 October 2019
User Experience Senior
Closing 11 October 2019
Want more Senior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.