Senior Designer (Jersey)
Summary of main purpose of the job:
Designing and developing product/ranges, managing and motivating your team on a day to day basis and working in conjunction with buying to ensure deadlines and company strategies are accomplished.
Experience level/Qualification level:
¿ Degree in fashion or another relevant area.
¿ In depth experience in design.
Main Duties/ responsibilities:
- Identify season trends appropriate for the FatFace brand through trips, research, competitor visits and reviews of past performance. Present these to the teams in the form of Design Direction boards.
- Monitor supplier and market activity to update own knowledge with latest trends, techniques and washes to ensure the FatFace products are up-to-date, high quality and meet current and future customer needs.
- Develop and source fabric and trims that are suitable for the FatFace brand, ensuring they are in-line with the fabric strategy.
- Originate and develop design ideas which deliver the design direction and which are in line with the departmental product strategy.
- Create and oversee the production of comprehensive design packs, ensuring accurate and timely completion and together with the relevant buyers to achieve right first time sampling.
- Input design direction and updates at category and department level to ensure the best product possible is selected and successfully signed off.
- Ensure the design signature is accurately interpreted throughout the development and approval stages and that the products/range remain on brand.
- Attend fit sessions to ensure the design handwriting is accurately interpreted through the development stage and that the products remain on brand.
- Keep up to date with department and product sales performance and trading activity and feedback into the design process.
Working in collaboration with print design to deliver seasonal strategies.
Provides briefs for graphics and other departments within the design team.
- Agree seasonal department product strategy together with the Buying and Merchandising team's.
- Develop department calendar in-line with the snr buyer and ensure that critical dates are met on time.
- Working with senior Creative team, provide direction and inspiration by creating/collaborating with key concepts.
¿ Good knowledge of garment construction.
¿ Experience and good knowledge of UK and global clothing/fashion/retail markets.
¿ Multi product experience and experience with creating ranges.
¿ Excellent fabric, wash, print etc… knowledge.
¿ Excellent presentation/communication skills.
¿ Excellent organisational skills.
¿ Ability to create effective working relationships within the design team and cross department.
Key contacts and relationships:
¿ Team member.
¿ Buying department.
¿ Senior Managers.
Accountable for Resources:
¿ Accountable for costs within given budgets.
Mid/Senior Graphic Designer
Closing 22 February 2020
- Kingsley Print and Design Ltd
- Based on Experience
Closing 14 February 2020
- Photo Farm Inc Ltd
- perm, temp, temp to perm
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Senior Designer (Jersey) jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.