Senior Designer - Home (Maternity)
If your experience combines creativity, commercial awareness and delivering exceptional design in a fast paced environment, then this opportunity is going to be something you might be interested in.
About the team:
Design and develop new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from design concept through to technical development and product selection.
About the role:
As a senior designer on the hard goods team within Next Home, you will be responsible for the following;
- Managing the hard goods design team. This will include all aspects of the people management and performance management, for e.g. 1-1’s, appraisals etc.
- Developing and coaching the team always ensuring designers are working to deadlines and critical path.
- Driving newness through the different product ranges.
- Supporting range building.
- Working closely with other senior designers to create cohesive looks and stories across home.
- Understanding and proposing product for all our customer styles and price architecture.
- Identify trends in materials finishes and form.
- Experience working for a retailer would be beneficial.
- Hard working.
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines is met at all times.
- Highly creative with a real vision for interior and homeware product.
- Honest and fair.
- Experienced in identifying and proposing potential new product opportunities.
- Outstanding commercial awareness and comprehensive understanding of homeware interior design and trends.
Skills and Qualifications you have:
- BA in art/design or equivalent.
- Experiencing managing a team, ideally within a retail environment.
- Competent user of both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of working well with other Product teams and external suppliers to build productive relationships.
Please note, as part of the application process we require you to submit examples of your portfolio, please ensure you upload examples or provide a link to your portfolio. Unfortunately, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- ShareSave Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Staff Discount.
- On-site Nursery.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Assistant Designer - Womenswear Multi Product
Closing 22 September 2019
Designer - Menswear - Casual Jersey (12 months)
Closing 22 September 2019
- temp, temp to perm
Want more Senior Designer - Home (Maternity) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.