Senior Designer, Dockers Textile CAD & Graphics
We believe that clothes—and how you make them—can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
About the Job:
We're looking for a Senior Designer of Textile CAD & Graphics who will bring innovation and creativity to our Dockers® Design team. We are looking for an individual who has the desire to bring our product to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past. You will research, discover, create and manage the delivery for print, pattern, and graphics direction for the global product assortment. You will report to the Senior Director of Design. You will partner with Design, Merchandise, and Product Development teams to create and define the print, pattern, and graphic point of view that supports the strategic business requirements and delivers leading and commercial opportunities.
- Responsible for partnering with design and merchandise teams to set seasonal print and pattern direction and develop into business needs.
- Responsible for reviewing hand-loom and strike-offs against standard.
- Responsible for creating mill packs to include repeatable files, placement, layout, yarn and color placement, etc.
- Partner closely with R&D developer and outside fabric mill vendor base.
- Regularly meet with print/pattern vendors.
- Manage invoice submissions and adhere to print and pattern budget.
- Maintain and organize CAD & Print library.
- 7+ years of experience in Textile CAD design and/or Graphic Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile or Graphic Design, or a combination of college education and industry related work experience may be used as a substitute.
- Previous management skills a plus.
- Highly proficient at Kaledo in print, weave, and knit modules a must.
- Photoshop skills a must; Illustrator and InDesign nice to have.
- Familiar with FlexPLM product lifestyle management.
- Strong design aesthetic and color theory.
- Superior at color per the Farnsworth-Munsell hue test.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a small snapshot:
- 401K Match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations.
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise.
The Company’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disable veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law.
Closing 18 September 2019
- 21st Century Fox
- Los Angeles
Closing 19 September 2019
- Victorias Secret
Want more Senior Designer, Dockers Textile CAD & Graphics jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.