Senior Designer (Design Systems)
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Design Systems & Operations is a new interdisciplinary team of Designers and Developers, that will be working with Group Product Design teams, to build and manage a multi-brand design system to the enable design, product & technology to create, innovate & deliver Sky’s products & services at pace."
What you’ll do:
• Support the Design Lead, in shaping the principles, standards & day-to-day delivery of Design system tools, components, patterns, interactions and behaviours, ensuring they can scale to support multiple brands, platforms, services and beyond.
• Work collaboratively with design, UX engineers and development teams to create robust tools & components to encourage design system adoption and increase efficiency in design.
• Help maintain a flexible design system governance model across Group product design teams, mentoring less experienced team members when needed.
• Advocate the value and impact of Design Systems throughout the organization.
• Be responsible for your role, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching design problems in a creative environment.
• Proactively participate in defining and maintaining team standards and best practices.
What you’ll bring:
• Excellent communication, and organizational skills.
• Experience building and maintaining design systems.
• A design system attitude and how design components can be broken down and provide a platform to be more creative.
• An eye for pixel perfect standards, brand guidelines, design principles, typography, UI (desktop / mobile / TV), colour, layout, iconography and how these elements impact product usability and accessibility.
• Proficient design and prototyping tools like Figma and Framer and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience working with Designers and Engineers.
• Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics.
• Experience designing for TV or Mobile.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Want more Senior Designer (Design Systems) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.