Senior Designer (Asda Good Living) - Hearst
We are looking for a talented Senior Designer to join Asda Good Living. With a strong editorial print background, you will have creative flair and endless ideas. Equally happy working on great looking fashion pages as concepting layouts for the food section, you will be working across the design for the print edition across all parts of the magazine: Fashion, Beauty, Health, Food and Lifestyle.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Working with the Editorial team to ensure relevant and interesting design of editorial content including Food, Style, Homes and Health – all to house style
- Designing regular pages and features across all sections of Good Living
- Generating exciting ideas for layout of features and regular pages – and pitching these ideas at monthly meetings
- Commissioning and briefing illustrations
- Help the Art Editors organize and brief photographers and stylists for photoshoots
- Attending photoshoots
- Assisting with advertorials including mock-up layouts
- Checking images to ensure pages are of an excellent standard and any corrections or instructions have been actioned when requested with the repro department
- Working with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work
- Undertaking design for digital, events and brand marketing when necessary
You will be a passionate designer with creative flair and an excellent work ethic and the proven ability of working well in a team.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently from design conception to publication
- Proficient knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and repro
- Good sense of typography/grids and an understanding of its relevance to proficient magazine design
- Skill in simple re-touching would be beneficial
- Ability to build close working relationships with the team and understand the vision of the Good Living brand
- Enthusiasm and endless supply of new ideas
- The ability to think creatively
- A strong eye for detail
- The ability to self-motivate and multitask
- Delivering client requests and supporting the team to meet business needs both on Good Living and other projects
Senior Packaging Designer - Slice
Closing 17 August 2018
Senior Designer (Graphic Design Studio)
Closing 6 August 2018
start September 2018 (flexible)
- National Theatre
- £31,000 p/a
Want more Senior Designer (Asda Good Living) - Hearst jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Events Designer jobs, Retoucher jobs, Typographer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.