Senior Design Researcher
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? Do you love helping others around you grow, thrive on building cross-functional teams with Designers, Offering Managers and Developers, live to ship delightful and functional products and strive to create a great place to work?
Come help us lead a large team of researchers who support IBM Cloud. You will join an established research organization that has an existing team of over 30 researchers working on other projects. If you were reading between the lines, that means that you have an opportunity to lead one of our emerging teams within an organization that already has buy-in, resources and people who are excited to meet you.
On day one, you have:
• Experience triangulating insights across research studies with customers and behavioral analytics.
• Enthusiasm for learning new product domains quickly and engaging stakeholders in business development efforts led by a focus on differentiated user experiences.
• A great bitmoji to add to our team mural.
And in year one, you will:
▪ Be thanked by our product owners and teams for key marketing and product improvements that helped their teams accomplish their business goals.
▪ Strengthen IBM's reputation for leadership in user research practices.
▪ Learn why our researchers are known across IBM as "The Turtles".
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Masters Degree in Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, or related discipline.
• At least 8 years of experience conducting user research on software.
• Proven experience building cross-functional relationships with a focus on business impact through building trusted partnerships.
• The ability to create a dendrogram on an etch-a-sketch.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
▪ At least 8-10 years of experience conducting user research, including work on enterprise SaaS offerings.
▪ Examples of research that has translated into actionable design recommendations and product results.
About Business Unit:
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities –where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
UX Researcher - Enterprise Merchant
Closing 19 March 2020
- San Jose
Product Design Manager, Partnerships & Payments
Closing 19 March 2020
- Netflix UK
- Los Gatos
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.