Senior Design Researcher
As a Barclays Senior Design Researcher you will be an important member of our 60+ team of multi-disciplined designers. In the Experience Design team, we champion user-centered design thinking while building digital experiences to help transform the second oldest brand in the UK. As an established integrated team, we are rapidly growing our capability to include design research, which will continue to drive our mission of creating a design community at the heart of the business.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring a customer voice is at the heart of everything we do, engaging Designers, Product Owners and other key stakeholders in the user-centered design process.
• Leading research initiatives, delivering customer insights and research to inform all stages of product and service development and delivery.
• Developing new ways design research can help shape propositions and products, comfortable to flex approach.
• Actively helping develop the strategy to position Barclays at the forefront of digital banking experiences over the next 2-3 years.
• Leading collaborative partnerships with design, research and customer teams to common objectives.
• You will manage and be responsible for customer data within user testing and analytics, ensuring it is managed and shared in a compliant way.
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience leading design research activities, with a strong portfolio of projects showing examples of your work, processes and impact.
• Experience of a wide range of research methods, for example: lab studies, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research.
• Prior knowledge of tools for formative research, exploration, and discovery. As well as evaluative research for testing and refinement of concepts and prototypes.
• The ability to create clear methods to successfully communicate key insights to a wide range of stakeholders.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven experience leading designers, developers, stakeholders or clients.
• Prior experience managing stakeholders and timelines / priority lists.
• Experience with UX/UI design and / or a Product Owner background.
Where will you be working?
Based in our Head Office in our leafy Radbrooke site in the North West you’ll be surrounded by likeminded people in a location with free parking, lovely surrounded leafy environment, perfect for an afternoon walk or a run before work if you’re feeling energetic. We have an onsite canteen too. Come and join us!
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Senior Content Designer
Closing 1 August 2020
- Auto Trader
Junior Menswear Designer
Closing 2 August 2020
Want more Senior Design Researcher jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.