Senior Design Manager
We are constantly expanding our team, so don't be surprised if you see the same roles being advertised all year around – we’re always looking for great people! This role is for a management position. If your interest is focused on building products and your design expertise, take a look at our Senior Product Designer role.
The Experience team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products and services end to end. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
Our Senior Design Managers help to foster an environment in which our team can do it’s best work. They develop people, recruit new staff and guide with empathy, with purpose and with passion for seeing exceptional design work shipped to our users around the world.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Recruit and build a world-class product design team
- Support your team members in their personal growth to build a cohesive and tight-knit culture
- Encourage and ensure world-class design execution for the products you look after by helping set standards and practices
- Help your team operate in a fast-moving, global environment by setting context and clearing the path for them to execute
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Experience team at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, managing our team rituals, and much more.
- Grow the next generation of managers for our team, and help our ICs to progress in their careers.
What you might work on:
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve. During your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
What you should bring:
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Love building teams and products, and enjoy making an impact in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Have experience building and running high-performing product design teams
- Have a track record establishing great relationships and working with other disciplines, such as user research, content design, product management and engineering
- Are an excellent communicator - whether it’s about people, design or product, you bring a positive energy into any conversation you’re in and are able to get those around you excited around a shared purpose
- Are a caring, empathetic, humble mentor and coach. You care about developing your team, helping them overcome career and work hurdles, and helping nurture the future leaders of our team
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity:
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Content Designer
Closing 14 March 2022
Closing 13 March 2022
Closing 12 March 2022
- Landor & Fitch
Want more Senior Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.