Senior Design Manager
The Ocado Logistics Projects department is the subject matter expert in our solution, translating and implementing this globally. The department focuses on all areas from the design, project management, testing, enhancement and international client engagement on our customer proposition to deliver our state of the art automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) for Ocado and our clients in the UK and internationally.
Within the Ocado Logistics Projects department sits the New CFC Design team who are responsible for designing Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) for Ocado and their clients both in the UK and abroad. This team identifies the business requirements and develops both concept and detailed designs for all business processes, equipment and automation requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Lead a team of 35+ people being responsible for the design of Customer Fulfilment Centres around the world, ensuring all projects are resourced with appropriately skilled designers.
- Full line management responsibility of 5 direct reports. This would include being responsible for appraisals, objective setting, team development, welfare, regular 1:1 catch ups, managing holidays and absence etc.
- Monitor actual resource demands versus projected / budgeted and account for variances.
- Develop and maintain a methodology, programme, design guides and other documentation as required to ensure that best practise methods for each designer role are documented, maintained and used on CFC Design projects.
- Develop and maintain modelling solutions to cope with required variations in project scope and customer requirements whilst producing accurate projections of quantity and type of MHE required, sizing of all CFC operational elements, headcounts, area/site productivity and the total internal and external sizing etc.
- Draw on learnings from current operational sites, previous designs, stakeholder feedback and new business requirements to develop the best practise for ongoing CFC designs with the aim to make them more space efficient, more productive, lower capital cost to build, safer to operate and where possible to a standard design layout in order to reduce design time and project engineering costs.
- Generate and publish any regular written reporting on project plan, status, issues etc as required.
- Ensure progress, issues, risks and options are recorded, communicated and raised for steers as required.
- Experience of leading a large (10+) team to design automated sites of similar scope within logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environment.
- Direct line management experience including a demonstrable history of training and developing others.
- Well organised, multi tasker who has experience overseeing multiple projects at once and is able to cope with a frequently changing landscape and priorities.
- A degree calibre individual with a highly analytical mind-set along with very strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Well developed leadership, delegation, influencing, planning and organisational skills which allow the ability to command respect, manage and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Experience of creating business cases and forming paybacks to ensure designs deliver value for money.
- Ability to pick up and work with complex problems and arguments then develop, resolve and communicate around them using innovative and creative thinking.
About Ocado Group:
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
UI/UX Designer - Experian
Closing 13 November 2019
Operations Project Design Manager
Closing 7 November 2019
Want more Senior Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.