Senior Design Manager – Podcasts
The core of Spotify’s consumer experience is our mobile app, which delivers an amazing free experience and provides an on-ramp to our subscription Premium tiers. With over 200 million monthly active users and over 75 million users enjoying Spotify Premium, we’re off to a good start.
To help us take our consumer experience to the next level, we are looking for a Senior Design Manager for the Core Experience team in London.
In this pivotal role, you will lead design for Spotify’s Podcast and Talk Formats product area. This area plays a key role in Spotify’s ambition to be the world’s leading audio platform – plotting the vision for what the future of audio is for our listeners, how they discover and engage with podcasts on Spotify, and what possibilities exist to transform our core music product.
What you will do:
- You will lead our London-based design team, focused on delivering extraordinary mobile experiences to our growing user base.
- You’ll influence and interpret the overarching vision to drive strategic execution of design through the Product Area.
- Alongside your Engineering and Product partners, you will be responsible for leading the Podcasts product area, which has responsibilities across key aspects of the core platform of Spotify, providing thought leadership to develop the right product strategy.
- Shaping the product design vision for the Podcast experience, you will create space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- You will inspire and challenge the status quo on creativity, emotional impact and quality of design work across your team team.
- You have a passion for data-informed design, empowering teams to incorporate multiple forms of data in their process and leverage design for new insights.
Who you are:
- You have practical design chops, with extensive experience as a Product Designer previously. You’ve shipped products and understand what it takes to craft valuable experiences for people.
- You have significant experience leading, coaching and directly managing a design team at consumer-focused product companies.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller, together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organisation.
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker, with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You’re constantly looking to refine your work and have experience with user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- Degree qualifications in Product Design and/or Human Computer Interaction Design.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Experienced designer (with a focus on websites)
Closing 10 August 2019
- Cog Design
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Global Digital Designer
Closing 13 August 2019
Want more Senior Design Manager – Podcasts jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Architectural Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.