Senior Creative Designer
Founded in 1970, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Designer to join our team.
Head of Brand & Customer Marketing.
- Create, design and implement multi-channel concepts across all customer touchpoints bringing to life brand aesthetic and vision set by the Creative Director.
- Work closely with the Head of Brand & Customer Marketing to execute concepts across Website, Email, Media, Social, Catalogue, Print Ads, Editorial and misc. other designs, as well as physical product such a packaging and in store display.
- Work in partnership with the Brand & Content Marketing Manager to craft, create and deliver the digital and social content strategy. Particular focus placed on the delivery of ecommerce imagery and compelling content for the Jigsaw website.
- Provide guardianship of the brand identity across all customer touchpoints in line with the Creative Directors vision.
- A key member of the project team for a website re-platform due in 2021. You will lead the design role in refining and developing the customer journey, working with wire frames to design and execute the new website.
- Own all brand creative projects from concept to delivery collaborating with stakeholders including creatives (copywriters, designers, photographers), brand team members (brand marketing, social media, PR, brand managers).
- Manage a direct team of 2 junior designers, leading, mentoring and taking accountability for their daily output in generating layouts, artwork, and graphics.
- Confidently and clearly present creative concepts, for approval by the Creative Director and input into the brief through expanding mood boards, exploring concepts, brainstorming and pitching ideas.
- Develop new creative and typographical brand guidelines in-line with the Creative Directors vision and embed this into the wider business.
- Use your outstanding design skills, to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- Provide art direction and production support, set by the Creative Director, for digital content and e-commerce photography including sourcing and suggesting external teams.
- Pitching (creative, strategy and process improvement) ideas to key stakeholders across the business Constantly curate, oversee and take ownership of the bank of visual assets in the business, ensuring the best images and videos are used consistently across all channels from social media to ecommerce, direct mails etc.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to multitask under pressure and work quickly while maintaining absolute attention to detail.
- Encourage innovative thinking and new approaches. Passionate about the work and strive to elevate the brief, in order to create world class creative.
- Collaborate with cross functional Design, Digital and Marketing teams to translate product and creative concepts into clear, executable messages for online, ecommerce content, advertising & social communications.
- Update Creative Director as projects progress to make sure work is on-brand. Review work with Marketing teams/key stakeholders and provide clear and constructive feedback.
- Partner with Brand & Content Marketing Manager to ensure adequate resource and time to manage and deliver creative work. Share knowledge and best practices across the teams.
- Partner with the Brand & Content Marketing Manager to work with external Photographers, Set Designers, Stylists and other creatives to create engaging assets which inspire and engage the Jigsaw customer.
Required Skills, Knowledge And Experience:
- A passionate and energetic design professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in-house for a premium fashion brand or for a Creative Agency servicing fashion brands.
- A degree in a related creative field such as graphics and/or digital design.
- Broad experience required in developing creative solutions in a variety of mediums. Proven knowledge across digital design with an intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines.
- An expert knowledge of – fashion, culture, audience insights and trends, with the ability to apply this insight to the Jigsaw brand guidelines. Excellent knowledge of photographers, illustrators, animators, DPs and creative talent across the industry to help curate the Jigsaw brand visual language.
- Strong design and typographic sense and a thorough knowledge of graphic design, motion graphics, branding/marketing and production.
- Hands-on; expert competency with Adobe Creative programs, with a focus on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch-up for designing 3-D environments, as well as Keynote for presentations. Proficiency in Lightroom / CaptureOne.
- A commercial sensibility with a strategic mind–set and understanding of forward planning and creative solutions.
- Managerial skill – ability to guide junior creatives and occasional freelancers. Experienced in commissioning Photographers, Artists and other external creatives and being able to direct them in order to realise the creative vision.
- Positive; bringing a positive nurturing energy to the team, keeping work standards high, encouraging creative collaborative work whilst accepting responsibility for the final outcome.
- A problem solver who thrives in a fast–paced and changing environment.
- Enthusiastic and immersed in style and contemporary culture, you embody the values of the brand.
- Highly motivated 'do–er' with strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency and drive.
- 23 days holidays.
- Life Assurance.
- Staff discount – up to 50%.
- Season ticket loan.
- Access to Perkbox – Jigsaws benefits Provider.
Want more Senior Creative Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.