Senior Creative Copywriter
We are really excited to announce this new opportunity to join our existing and talented Brand Creative Team.
This role is offered on a temporary basis for a period of up to 12 months for maternity leave cover. We are happy to consider full time hours of 40 per week, or a reduction to 32 hours per week.
Overall, you will be responsible for the management of internal editorial content development, and creative asset management, alongside the in-house graphic design team. Delivering best-in-class comms sat across blog, email marketing, catalogue, store POS, customer communication, corporate communications, social media etc.
One of our company values is ‘Passion for Progress’ so loving what you do is so important to ensure The Cotswold Company stands out from the crowd. That will be easy for you though as you’ve gained some great experience and expertise in a similar role.
What will you be doing in more detail?
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Prioritise editorial team projects and workload, identifying additional resource where required.
- Ability to understand the brand + write effective creative copy, in line with The Cotswold Company tone of voice guidelines.
- Cross-functional collaborator with departments including marketing, B&M, HR (corp. coms), store.
- Guardian of The Cotswold Company tone of voice.
- Work with the Head of Brand to ensure content plan is updated, effective and supports the business’s marketing needs, adhering to key deadlines critical paths.
- Key recipient of all marketing briefs and, alongside graphic design team, responsible for the execution of those briefs.
- Ensures all content enhances the brand, engages, inspires the customer is consistent across all channels.
- Work with Head of Brand & Marketing Manager to agree editorial trends/commercial priorities/creative themes.
- Support creative agencies, where required to further develop + translate assets internally.
- Work with merchandising team to ensure content delivers against key commercial needs.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- English/communications/marketing degree or equivalent.
- Strong written communication skills with impeccable use of grammar.
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver clear and concise copy to meet requirements within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Strong people skills; coaching and communication.
- Organisational and time management.
- Proven experience of copywriting for internal and external audiences (both B2C and B2B) and in a corporate environment.
Whilst not essential, these would be great too:
- Existing management experience.
- Adobe programmes; Photoshop/Illustrator.
Have you heard about our benefits?
- Flexibility to work on a hybrid basis between your home and our Norwich Offices. (The finer details of this will be agreed with you).
- 33 days holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays).
- Great discounts on our products.
- Membership of Perkbox discount platform.
- Private healthcare.
- Cash Plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Access to Health & Wellbeing guidance and support.
And lots of other great things like birthday gifts, staff awards, newsletter competition prizes and many more!
Who are we?
25 years ago, we opened our first showroom at Bourton-on-the-Water in the heart of the Cotswolds. This very special patch of rural England taught us the importance of creating timeless, understated furniture and accessories that bring homes to life.
We live by our company values of:
- Happiest together.
- Always authentic.
- Passion for progress.
- Inspiring others.
- Constantly caring.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and customer experience, powered by our passionate people. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for great people to help us realise our big ambitions. If you are passionate about what you do, want to work for a dynamic and ambitious company, can provide all of the above and more, then we would love to hear from you.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Editor, T Brand International
Closing 20 July 2022
- The New York Times
Closing 8 June 2022
£45,169 per annum
Closing 9 June 2022
Want more Senior Creative Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Creative jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.