We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
What you’ll be doing…
- Reporting directly into the Copy Team Leader, you will be responsible for contributing to the day-to-day running of the Copy team. This will primarily include product page enrichment of 1000+ products per day
- Ensuring budget, cost per product, creative quality and volumetric KPIs are adhered to
- Proven exemplary E-commerce copy writing experience
- The ability to write to a strict house style with an informal but technical tone
- Responsible for writing detailed product descriptions across the full range of ASOS product, ensuring information is accurate, informative and consistent across the site
- Exceptional multitasking ability with outstanding organisational skills; able to use initiative and to work in pressurised environment, consistently prioritising workload
- Responsible for regulating and checking any relevant size, fit and care information fed from the BAs to maximise customers’ ease of selection and shopping on-site
- Regularly contribute to creative work, including writing brand descriptions and category headers
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently with a strong eye for detail and catching errors
- Possess an excellent editorial understanding and visual awareness
- Research and make copy notes on samples handed over to be shot
- Possess excellent commercial, brand and technical awareness, while keeping up to date with current copy and e-commerce content trends
- Working in conjunction with the rest of the Studios teams to ensure all product launch dates are met
- The ability to upskill and train team members, new starters and freelancers on writing product descriptions and other role related requirements
- Responsible for senior admin tasks as well as ability to assist and support with Team Leader admin duties when required
- Oversee sub-editing of all creative and departmental content independently to an extremely high standard
- Act as a mentor to new starters and copywriters of all levels
- Proficient in team time management, effectively delegating tasks to other team members
- Consistently achieve up to 11% above set daily target to drive efficiency and evolve team offering
- Maintain an error rate of as little as 1% or below
- The ability to operate as team leader when Team Leader is absent and delegate personal workload where required
- The ability to drive and achieve personal and department objectives
- Monitoring the Copy team performance KPIs/ SLAs and collaborating with the Team Leader to identify opportunities to improve quality and efficiency
- Conducting regular 1-2-1’s with your direct reports. Reviewing personal objectives, ensuring they are supported and guided, and their skill set is developed, and progression assessed alongside your Team Leader
- Constantly assess and contribute to the succession plan within your team with your Team Leader
- Encouraging team growth and development through objectives and training, ensuring the team are striving to support in the delivery of the department strategy
- Contributing to team and departmental meetings
- Be recognised as an aspirational figure within your team and the wider department
- Show excellent problem-solving abilities and positive, dynamic response to change
- Strong communication and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Guiding the team to follow established processes to deliver agreed creative and quality standards in line with departmental strategy
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 16 August 2022
- Agency Inc
Global Content Writer and Editor
Closing 29 August 2022
Copy Writer / Content Creator
Closing 27 August 2022
- Adecco Global IM
£200 per day
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.