Senior Copywriter for OgilvyOne Business (1 x FTC / Maternity Cover)
OgilvyOne Business is a friendly, dedicated and talented team that aspires to the highest standards of communications for an impressive list of clients. The right candidate for the role of senior copywriter will share a strong work ethic and be committed to producing high-quality work. Plus, he or she will add their own creative impetus to the agency.
You’ll be comfortable both working independently and in partnership with art directors or designers. And you will always be expected to show leadership and management skills, collaborating with colleagues to deliver work on time and to brief.
There are five qualities that will help you be successful in this role:
- You’re a clear thinker and an accomplished writer with knowledge to share about technology, B2B marketing and global brands.
- You can accommodate different opinions and other people’s ideas about how your copy could be improved. But, importantly, you know great copywriting when you see it.
- You have a strong personality and great interpersonal skills – capable of working alongside art directors, developers, designers, account teams and creative directors.
- As part of a team that’s adept at turning jargon and technical language into crisp copy, you can use language to entertain, educate, engage and inspire.
- You are at ease when presenting your work to clients and colleagues, and are always ready to show initiative and take the lead on projects.
As a senior copywriter, you will be expected to:
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy (long, short, and conceptual) with a high level of proficiency and creative flair.
- Form strong relationships with the account management team to ensure you’re involved as early as possible in discussing client requirements and inputting into briefings.
- Work alongside design and digital teams to steer work from idea to completion.
- Work on multiple campaigns to tight deadlines – managing your own time effectively and helping others deliver their part of the project.
- Conceptualise ideas and campaigns, then present creative concepts clearly and effectively.
- Give and receive internal and external feedback, applying it to your creative work. For example, review other copywriters’ work to help them improve specific pieces and develop their skillsets.
- Interact with clients at face-to-face meetings and on conference calls, whether it’s to interview experts and senior executives, interrogate briefs or present creative work.
- Write video scripts and create (or contribute to) storyboards.
- Direct voiceover recordings and video/photo shoots.
- Collaborate on pitch ideas and concepts.
- Know when to push back and challenge clients, account teams and fellow senior creatives. And do so with well-reasoned arguments, good humour, and an appropriate tone.
- Develop strong, original ideas, then present them to creative/account directors and sell the work to clients.
- Demonstrate leadership along with an appetite to challenge yourself and others to develop personally and professionally.
- Oversee the output for specific brands – even work that you’re not involved in creating.
- Develop ‘brand guardianship’ by taking ownership of certain accounts and becoming a subject matter expert.
- Advise less experienced colleagues and contribute to their personal and professional development.
- Possess an interest in popular culture with an awareness of trends and styles in general and specifically in the advertising/marketing sector.
- Be an ambassador for the agency and espouse our values (curiosity, generosity, and courage).
These skills and experience are essential to performing the role effectively:
- Proven marketing experience (preferably in B2B).
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Capacity for learning and assimilating lots of information.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to think visually.
- Effective time management skills.
- Confidence to pitch and present work.
- Sound knowledge of social media channels.
- Familiarity with creative processes, and digital media production techniques and channels.
- Confidence in building rapport with clients and nurturing strong working relationships.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Freelance Fashion Copywriter
Closing 21 March 2018
- Profiles Creative
- £170 to 200 /day
Digital Creative Director (Copywriting Background) for Space
Closing 6 March 2018
- Space 01
Want more Senior Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Proofreader jobs, Storyboard Assistant jobs, Storyboard Supervisor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.