Senior Copywriter – German Speaker
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re looking for an outstanding copywriter to join our team at Sky Creative.
This Senior Copywriter will be talented, enthusiastic, and ambitious, with through-the-line advertising experience gained client-side, or at an in-house or independent agency. As this role will focus on our German market campaigns, German language skills are essential. This role is a senior role, with brand guardianship responsibilities across all our output for the German market.
What you’ll do:
• Develop copy for our TTL & BTL advertising deliverables.
• Copy support & consultancy across work created by other sky teams or external partners.
• Collaboration with the wider sky teams on shared marketing campaigns, assisting with transcreation and translation where required.
• Ensure the highest standards of design are always maintained
• Be a brand guardian, ensuring work conforms to our Sky Masterbrand values.
• Work independently and collaboratively with the team and the wider organisation across multiple projects.
• Present work with confidence to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll bring:
• Fluent in German and English
• 4+ years’ experience in copywriting for advertising & BTL formats
• You’ll be a writer who loves writing. Punchy short copy. Absorbing long copy. Killer headlines and compelling calls to action
• You’ll be able to express your ideas and apply your writing skills across media: from posters to emails, DM to print ads, digital and more
• You’ll be able to make a persuasive case for our clients’ products and services. And sell them. But you’ll understand you’re the customer’s advocate (not the client or agency’s)
• Insatiably curious and relentless in your pursuit of excellence, you’ll be both technically proficient and dedicated to the craft of writing
• An ability to persuasively present and defend your ideas and their execution
• You’ll naturally think outside the box and your work will push the envelope. But you’ll never write any clichés like those
• Ability to take and work with criticism in a positive pragmatic way
• Have a positive attitude and ability to work under pressured timings
• Proven ability to collaborate and work with wider departments and 3rd parties
• Natural Team player
Sky Creative is Sky’s European Brand and Creative hub providing Brand Strategy, Brand Design, Advertising, Promotions and Broadcast Creative for multiple stakeholders across our European Markets.
The hub will consist of an in-house capability and a matrix of external agency and postproduction partners.
The hub exists to drive excellence in Sky’s Brand and Creative output, and we are committed to diversity and inclusivity.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 31 January 2022
- New Look
Copywriter - Advertising
Closing 16 March 2022
- Saatchi & Saatchi London
UX Writer - Consumer Experience Mission
Closing 14 March 2022
- London or Remote EMEA
- perm, from remote
Want more Senior Copywriter – German Speaker jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.